MY16 WRX - Exhausts that aren't whisper quiet?

DJC317
Learner Driver

MY16 WRX - Exhausts that aren't whisper quiet?

Postby DJC317 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Doing some research into exhausts for a MY16 WRX (FA20DIT). YouTube certainly does not do exhaust videos justice. But a lot of the systems that are shown are extremely quiet - even as quiet as the factory system (Invida Q300 tops that one). Im not going to spend in excess of $1000 on a factory quiet system. Has anyone on here got recommendations into exhausts that aren't so quiet?

dbz
WRX STi Driver

Re: MY16 WRX - Exhausts that aren't whisper quiet?

Postby dbz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am

I just recently got a Invidia Q300 catback, great fitment, and it's not as quiet as people say it is, but I have a Grimmspeed catted J pipe too so basically a full TBE. It's loud enough in the morning to wake my neighbours, wife and kids.
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)
PBs: PI-1:54.7 Winton-1:39.9 Sandown-1:29.4 Broadford-1:08.5
MY15 WRX (Clubman Class)-SOLD
PBs: PI-1:52.3 Calder (+chicane)-1:07.8 Sandown-1:26.7 Winton-1:37.2

roh008
Impreza RS Driver

Postby roh008 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:40 am

dbz wrote:I just recently got a Invidia Q300 catback, great fitment, and it's not as quiet as people say it is, but I have a Grimmspeed catted J pipe too so basically a full TBE. It's loud enough in the morning to wake my neighbours, wife and kids.

Haha.. I'm in the same situation, my garage is next to their bedrooms. I do feel sorry for them, and have been practicing stealthy departures.. Well as stealthy as one can be with a full Q300 TBE.
MY11 STI Spec R WR Blue

dbz
WRX STi Driver

Postby dbz » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 am

AVO has recently released their exhaust for the new WRX, it's quiter than the Q300 when you are just putting around, I think there's a special valve in there that opens up when you floor it. Great for those wanting quieter systems. Hit up Adam at Tuspeed or Aleck at Got It Rex for more info if in Melbourne. :)
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)

Eddiemess
Learner Driver

Postby Eddiemess » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:42 pm

dbz wrote:AVO has recently released their exhaust for the new WRX, it's quiter than the Q300 when you are just putting around, I think there's a special valve in there that opens up when you floor it. Great for those wanting quieter systems. Hit up Adam at Tuspeed or Aleck at Got It Rex for more info if in Melbourne. :)

I went down to Revzone in Ringwood and asked what cat back systems they could get, they suggested the Q300 was the way forward for ease of fitment/sound but every comment I've read suggests the sound is a little better than stock. DBZ what was your opinion when you just had the cat back?

dbz
WRX STi Driver

Postby dbz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Eddiemess wrote:
dbz wrote:AVO has recently released their exhaust for the new WRX, it's quiter than the Q300 when you are just putting around, I think there's a special valve in there that opens up when you floor it. Great for those wanting quieter systems. Hit up Adam at Tuspeed or Aleck at Got It Rex for more info if in Melbourne. :)

I went down to Revzone in Ringwood and asked what cat back systems they could get, they suggested the Q300 was the way forward for ease of fitment/sound but every comment I've read suggests the sound is a little better than stock. DBZ what was your opinion when you just had the cat back?

Hey mate its hard to say because i started off with a j pipe, then went and put on catback after so never really got to sample catback only. Depends how loud you want it though. :)
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)

Eddiemess
Learner Driver

Postby Eddiemess » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 pm

FWIW - I've ordered the Greddy Supreme SP from Adam @ Tuspeed. Been really helpful and look forward to it arriving soon.

dbz wrote:
Eddiemess wrote:

Hey mate its hard to say because i started off with a j pipe, then went and put on catback after so never really got to sample catback only. Depends how loud you want it though. :)

SIMBAT
Probationary Driver

Postby SIMBAT » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Eddiemess wrote:FWIW - I've ordered the Greddy Supreme SP from Adam @ Tuspeed. Been really helpful and look forward to it arriving soon.

how much did it set you back? and what are your thoughts on it?

Eddiemess
Learner Driver

Postby Eddiemess » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

SIMBAT wrote:
Eddiemess wrote:FWIW - I've ordered the Greddy Supreme SP from Adam @ Tuspeed. Been really helpful and look forward to it arriving soon.

how much did it set you back? and what are your thoughts on it?

Hi there, apologies for the late response. It sounds amazing, pops/crackles etc on up and down shifts - no drone at all. From memory it was around the $1800 mark.

Return to “Engine, Driveline, Exhausts and Turbos”