Perrin rear lock down kit, 01-07 wrx.

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Perrin rear lock down kit, 01-07 wrx.

Postby mv75 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm

I'm putting it here as I've just used the outrigger and diff bushings, so driveline mod. I have the lock bolts spare from the kit as I already fitted the whiteline ones.

Alright, on to it. I installed the outrigger spacers first. Very very easy.

Plate removed. 2x 12mm 1x17mm bolts. This is under the passenger outrigger bushing.

Plate:

How the top chassis plate looks like on the spacer. The three prongs have ample space and don't go into the spacer material at all. The outrigger dropped enough by itself to allow ample install space. After lightly putting the three bolts/plate back on, I slightly moved the spacer around a bit to center it on top of the existing mount. Torque the 12mm bolts to 25ft-pounds and the large main 17mm bolt to 100ft-pounds.

Installed:

Next is the rear diff brace. Throw a jack under the diff to support it and remove the diff nuts and studs. Lucky for me as I was undoing the nut, they grabbed enough on the thread locker stuff after about 10mm and undid the studs from the diff for me. I didn't have to do the lock nut technique at all. Then undo the outer nut/bolt and lower the diff on the jack to get clearance to pull out the bolts past the green cv cups.

Brace out. This is the exact orientation it goes back in as.

Installed spacers both sides:

They were a little hard because the top half of the rubber bushing was squashed down after having the weight on it for several years. I worked the spacer into that section first, then it popped in fine all around.

Getting this thing back in was the small challenge. A hammer is required. I pushed it up to start, then hammered the brace in. It found its place on the driver side first, (a pry bar or sturdy screw driver can help pull the holes into alignment when they are close to matching), I put the bolt/nut through, then hammered it home on the left. Bolt/nut in. Then raise the diff to match the holes and put the studs/nuts on. Torqued them down first, then torqued down the outer nut/bolts.

On that, I could only get my torque wrench in due to the wheel well, on the passenger side outer nut/bolt. For the diff and the other nut/bolt I used my small breaker bar, (a little shorter than my torque wrench), to tighten them up. Meh, can't do anything else unfortunately. All of these rear 4 are specced to torque to 70ft-pounds.

Installed both sides. Sorry if crappier photos, wasn't easy as I did all of this entire install on the floor:

Return to “Engine, Driveline, Exhausts and Turbos”