help with 04 WRX - Blitz nur spec r

sumomo
Learner Driver

help with 04 WRX - Blitz nur spec r

Postby sumomo » Thu May 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

Joined to ask your help, I havent driven my old wrx is years, gave it to bro, who went overseas so nobody drives it.

Anyway, went to get pink slip, got turned away for the exhaust, so now I'm considering getting the stock back on it.
Firstly, do you think it is necessary? is it illegal to have the blitz...I mean I know it was always grey, but are they more strict on noise now? and do you know how much it should cost to get it swapped back to stock?? (I'm innerwest Syd)

I'm female and not very mechanical so I don't want to be ripped off...
Also, if I were to get it swapped, what's a 2nd hand hardly used Blitz nur spec r worth?
The car's only done around 40k...which I would probably sell soon too.
TIA
Kris

specr
Probationary Driver

Re: help with 04 WRX - Blitz nur spec r

Postby specr » Thu May 11, 2017 3:07 pm

They are pretty strict when going for a pink.

Solution: Put stock exhaust on, get pink slip, drive home, put blitz nur exhaust back on. :)

I've been in the Subaru game for about 3 years and I haven't heard of a blitz nur. Maybe they're rare and may sell for a bit?
MY13 STI Spec R - BLACK

stockhorse
Impreza RS Driver

Postby stockhorse » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Is it just the blitz rear muffler or cat back or turbo back system?
Did they knock it back because of leaks or actual noise level?

If it is noise level just swap out the rear muffler for a second hand stock one to pass the RWC

sumomo
Learner Driver

Postby sumomo » Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 am

Thanks for suggestions, so I actually have my stock still, pretty sure it's cat back. Though I called a muffler place round us they tell me the last 3 years popo been cracking hard on noise. So was thinking of just swapping it out, I think if I tried hard enough someone would give me the ps anyway. Prob with swapping back and forth...I cant do it myself so my cheapest quote was 150...sound okay?

sumomo
Learner Driver

Postby sumomo » Fri May 12, 2017 12:17 am

Oh yeh and no leaks just noise...I mean the thing is pretty loud

stockhorse
Impreza RS Driver

Postby stockhorse » Fri May 12, 2017 8:05 am

Hey, come on girl time to get your hands dirty. A cat back change is pretty simple. If you were in Brisbane I would give you a hand. Put out a shout for some local forum members to come around for cat back change and beers, you never know your luck.
Your Blitz cat back is currently around $1000 new so you should get around $300 second hand for it.

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:13 pm

stockhorse wrote:Hey, come on girl time to get your hands dirty. A cat back change is pretty simple. If you were in Brisbane I would give you a hand. Put out a shout for some local forum members to come around for cat back change and beers, you never know your luck.
Your Blitz cat back is currently around $1000 new so you should get around $300 second hand for it.

Would ya? I have a steering wheel that's currently stuck on by the hulk or some sheet.

stockhorse
Impreza RS Driver

Postby stockhorse » Fri May 12, 2017 7:10 pm

^^^^^ Don't want to hijack but what sort of wheel and what pullers have you tried?

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:28 am

stockhorse wrote:^^^^^ Don't want to hijack but what sort of wheel and what pullers have you tried?

I don't own any pullers. Going to try a G clamp later. Just standard 2003 wheel. Oh yea, I have something awesome happening. It's practically there electrical wise, just need wheel off.

Anyway, op, Replacing that section should be like 2-3 bolts and about 4-5 hangers and the rear o2 sensor. The hangers just pop off easy as with a bit of silicone spray, the bolts, hand tools are fine. the sensor, a 17mm spanner. The hardest bit is getting under the car. Do it safely with jack stands. Yes it is a straight forward job, but staying safe is priority. But if you just can't do that, then the zorst shop should be a go. Did they make a silencer baffle for that exhaust? Looking here: https://www.nengun.com/blitz/nur-spec-r-exhaust-system

"There are two types of BLITZ NUR - Spec Series exhaust systems available, the NUR - Spec which is a rear section only exhaust, and the NUR - Spec R which is a cat back system. The NUR - Spec R system comes in two parts. This version also has a removable silencer for road / track use. Because the full system removes the silencer, it produces a fairly loud, deep sporty note."

it should have one. Just install the silencer. Get back on to whoever installed it and get the silencer back. If that's still not an option, just get the stock zorst back on. In reality you'll be better off doing that if you're also going to sell. It's only a cat back, you still have the stock dump pipe there, pretty pointless doing cat backs on these cars, they need a full turbo back and tune, otherwise you just add noise.

Return to “Engine, Driveline, Exhausts and Turbos”