Fuel pressure issues

thecameronclan
Learner Driver

Fuel pressure issues

Postby thecameronclan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi All

I have a tricky intermittent problem. I have an 03 STI which seems to have fuel pressure drop momentarily and start to fluctuate between 0-2-2.5-3 Bar - essentially goes a bit crazy for 10-20secs. This might sound stupid but I think I can get it to happen if I go around a corner? Sounds weird I know. Otherwise fuel pressure seems normal, at startup 3bar and will hold that pressure normal increase with boost pressure as expected also. I bought the car a little over a year ago and have replaced just about everything. New Iridium plugs and genuine coil packs went in about a year ago, in the last couple of weeks I’ve replaced the in line fuel
Filter in the engine bay, installed a new fuel pump (a bit larger) and in tank filter and also now installed a new Sard fuel pressure regulator (same as existing)problem still exists. The injectors are Siemens 80lb injectors and is one of the few things I’ve not changed since owning the car. I have the car booked in to get the tune checked also. Anyone had something similar occur?

Thanks for any advice or feedback

Shaun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thecameronclan
Learner Driver

Re: Fuel pressure issues

Postby thecameronclan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Update: thought I’d add, part of the upgrades also includes an Autronic ECU, if that makes a difference. It also seems to occur more on the low boost setting with the Apexi boost controller as opposed to the high boost setting. It also only occurs intermittently when pushed hard around a corner or launched hard. It is going in to be checked by the tuner on Monday. I’m beginning to think it might be tune related...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Engine, Driveline, Exhausts and Turbos”