Need advice on exhaust

Camsti
Learner Driver

Need advice on exhaust

Postby Camsti » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey guys
New here, my names cameron and I’m getting a new wrx sti at the end of the year, I’m already looking at exhausts and find the invidia q300 nice but haven’t been able to get many reviews (apart from YouTube vids that you can’t determine much from)
Has anyone got the full turbo back? (Looking at the Cobb access port once they make it available for adm STIs for the tune)

I’m requesting power gains and exhaust ups and downs (how loud, drone, draw much attention)

Cheers

rileywrx
Learner Driver

Re: Need advice on exhaust

Postby rileywrx » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 am

Hey Cam,

I have a MY08 wrx hatch and recently went "stage 2" -- full 3 inch Invidia TBE w/ Invidia dump and Q300 catback. I also had ecutek installed and a custom dyno tune. Along with this I had a process west cold air intake installed.

The Q300 with the full TBE system is brilliant* (*for me). But whether it's right for you will depend on what you're trying to achieve?

For me, I wanted a quiet system because my rex is my daily commute. While I say it's quiet, it certainly unlocks that beautiful boxer purr and sounds very nice when you hit your peak rev range (for my car, around 4-5k).

With the full TBE with the invidia system (Q300) you certainly won't get any drone. For me, my cold air intake and subtle release of air (no BOV) turn more heads than the exhaust does.

In a nutshell, it's a low level noise exhaust but perfect for the current trend of sleepers, quieter (non-obnoxious) cars on the roads these days.

If you're near the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney I'd be happy to show you what it sounds like.

Cheers.

Hayden282
Learner Driver

Re: Need advice on exhaust

Postby Hayden282 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Cam

I have just purchased an Invidia R400, it is much louder than the q300 but is also the nicest sounding exhaust I have heard on a Subaru, it has no drone (2011 WRX Sedan) on the 5 speed on on highways it doesn't sound abnoxious, so on the 6 speed it would sound perfect. The gains are awesome, It has really opened up the engine, the only thing is after getting an exhaust, you must get a tune otherwise you will boost cut and lean out the engine.

Hayden
Hayden, 2011 WRX Wide Body Sedan in Red :cool:

Return to “Engine, Driveline, Exhausts and Turbos”