Lifting WRX for light offroad/unsealed back country use

SargeR33
Learner Driver

Lifting WRX for light offroad/unsealed back country use

Postby SargeR33 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2013(2012 build) wrx and looking to make the car a little more applicable to my applications. I've read combos of people running xt struts and springs in the gc8's to get some lift but I do not know if this combo fits in the G3. I would also like to know if anyone else here has gone down this path. I took the car on a trip a few weeks back and it was just not built for it. The right was rough I was surprised the air bags didn't go off. The purpose of the lift is to run some taller wall tyres to help with the vibration.

Would I be better off running a smaller wheel with bigger tyre rather than modifying the suspension to try lift the car to fit not a whole lot underneath? I didn't have traction issues or scrubbing issues, just the quality of the ride made what is normally a 5 minute track, a 20 minute track.

Does there exist a bash plate for the G3?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

No I do not want a Hilux. I've seen lifted Foresters and Outbacks, surely the G3 can follow suit!

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Re: Lifting WRX for light offroad/unsealed back country use

Postby mv75 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:18 am

You might need new shocks straight up as it is. But for your proposal, if you don't need clearance then don't lift, do go for smaller wheels and larger tyres. You'd want something with a 50 sidewall for sure which I think may be a 16" wheel, or go even smaller to a 15" wheel and get a 55/60 wall.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension”