Wheel alignment values after lowering 2015 WRX

strgte
Learner Driver

Wheel alignment values after lowering 2015 WRX

Postby strgte » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:41 am

This is the alignment I had completed yesterday (the car had been lowered 1.5 weeks ago). I gave them the Eibach specs to follow (we discussed this and the rear control arms); however, they don't seem close to me (although have point of reference other than the Eibach specs). These are my mods:

- Eibach Pro Kit springs
- Cusco Touring A struts
- Whiteline rear control arms

What I am most concerned about is the rear camber (the right hand side, particularly that it was correct before) and rear toe (seems a little excessive compared to Eibach specs). There is plenty of toe and camber adjustment in the Whiteline rear control arms (tested on install). They just told me that this is close enough. What are your thoughts?

strgte
Learner Driver

Re: Wheel alignment values after lowering 2015 WRX

Postby strgte » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Actually now that I have had a look at my spec sheets, the toe is in degrees on the Eibach specs and mm in the tyre shop. I don't know what difference that makes; however, maybe my rear toe isn't off the mark (just a conversion issue). So maybe it is just the rear camber on one side is a little out.

Snowy
Chocolate Wheels Driver
Chocolate Wheels Driver

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:20 pm

strgte wrote:Actually now that I have had a look at my spec sheets, the toe is in degrees on the Eibach specs and mm in the tyre shop. I don't know what difference that makes; however, maybe my rear toe isn't off the mark (just a conversion issue). So maybe it is just the rear camber on one side is a little out.

Yes you answered your own question regarding the Rear Toe.....0.24deg of Positive Toe recommended on the Pro-Kit specs converts to "approx" +2.6mm Toe, so Bob Janes have given you slightly less than this with +1.2mm on the left and +1.1mm on the right which in my opinion is better for straight line tracking/stability and overall tyre wear.

Regarding the Rear Right Camber: given that there are 60' (minutes) in 1deg of camber, the difference between your Left & Right Final Values is only 14' (minutes), which is not really a big issue/problem in my opinion.
Sure it would be great if the left & right values end up being closer together, but as I understand it, when the technicians are tinkering away underneath your car with the adjustments for camber (and of course considering the calibration & tolerances of the computer machinery they're using), there is a pretty fine line between obtaining a Final Value like yours for the Left vs the Right.
Snowy
Vice-President (2014 - current) - vp@wrx.com.au
Former Club Secretary (2012 - 2014)
MY00 WRX Red Mica - 3" CES S/S CBE

tim33h
Impreza RS Driver

Postby tim33h » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Looks pretty close to me. Nothing to worry about. More front camber would be ideal hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strgte
Learner Driver

Postby strgte » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks guys appreciate your comments. Yes I would like more front camber too; however, i might wait until a bit and try another shop to get it the way i want.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension”