eculabs air temp sensor for SD and flexfuel sensor wiring?

ryano
Impreza WRX Driver

eculabs air temp sensor for SD and flexfuel sensor wiring?

Postby ryano » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:22 pm

does anyone know where the air temp sensor and flex fuel sensor gets wired in to run an eculabs modded ecu? I emailed them about 5 days ago but got no reply so far, I assume the air temp sensor gets wired in to the pin that's for the STi intake sensor (mines a wrx so pin isn't used atm) and was thinking the MAF wiring would get used for the flexfuel sensor? but not sure and cant find clear info online

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Re: eculabs air temp sensor for SD and flexfuel sensor wiring?

Postby mv75 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Email Emmanual to get a forum link and logon. All the info is there and makes it so much easier as you need all the settings for the flex parameters too. I can help if you really want. It's a gen 2 right?

You want Pin 1 of the b135 grey connector for flex. I forget if it's looking pin or wire side, but it's the first pin on the long edge that has 4 on the side before the gap.

You can hook power to b136 blue connector pins 8 or 9 positive and 17 or 18 negative. 8 and 9 are the two top end pins on the continuous row on the 3 pin break side, and 17 , 18 are directly under them. Use a multimeter.

Air temp is pin 19 on b136. First row of the break section, 4 pin side.

You should only need the air temp sensor if you're running maf less.

ryano
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby ryano » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:21 pm

thanks, i have emailed him about 5 days ago with no reply so far, he sent the files and link to my tuner and he forwarded the link but it says the registration is in error or something similar, spewn i need more ecu pins as i stole that first pin to use in another car as my car is MAFless and that was a MAF pin so pulled it out and need one for the air temp sensor too as my haltech air temp sensor wires in at a different spot (think it may wire directly in to the ecu but will have to double check)

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:41 am

With the flex sensor wire only, you cut the original wire to the ecu plug, (B135 grey plug, pin 1), and replace it with the wire from your flex sensor. The original wire is power steering switch. Don't just splice that one on. So cut it several cm away from the plug and solder or crimp the flex sensor wire onto the end from the ecu plug and tape up the cut loom wire.

If you want to pm me your email I can send you the pdf of the ecu wiring diagram if you want. Having the picture of the shape of the plug for pin reference makes it easier. :) Since you have a tuner doing it too, you don't have to worry about the settings for it, just the wiring.

ryano
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby ryano » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:37 pm

the pdf would be good, you have PM

Return to “ECU's and Tuning”