08 STi - Tune in Brisbane?

FearNoEvo
Learner Driver

Re: 08 STi - Tune in Brisbane?

Postby FearNoEvo » Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm

So Bartons Capalaba have officially responded. They have apologised and assure me they are reviewing their front office processes.

They have offered to reimburse me the fuel filter related CNJ expenses. Alternatively, they have offered to give me heavily discounted next two services (works out I get my reimbursement plus about $200 off services). I am assured only 'senior technicians' will do the work

He further offered to wash and deoderise the car for free.

A very reasonable response.

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby Delivan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Hhhmmmm... I still don't think I would go back there.. How will you know, when their internal communication is soo terrible, that next time they will ensure the work is done by someone who actually knows what they are doing.. They had you car for almost 3 days, which indicates they did bits in between other cars because they stuffed up the booking in the first place and had no time allocated to do your service all at the same time. This is probably why they forgot to go back and tighten up the fuel pump. That was soo dangerous to allow you take a car that was leaking fuel and vapors.. If someone in a car in front of you had chucked a cigarette out the window and you had driven over it, you might well have ended up on channel 7 news...98 is extremely volatile...It's been said here and on other car sites that taking your car to a "dealer" for servicing is not a good idea when there are professional workshops who can do "service" pages and repairs. Dealers also charge for genuine Subaru parts.... eg... front O2 sensor (which is actual a fuel mixture sensor) sells at Subaru for the original DENSO unit for around $785 .... you can get the identical genuine DENSO unit with identical part number on EBAY for $217
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-DENS ... 23710843c9
I know because Subievo said I needed one for my wife's rex and said by far the cheapest way was to get one on ebay and fit it myself, which i did...It was a very easy install. If I had gone to a Subaru dealer for the repair, it would have been at least $1000 .....instead of $217.... It is worth the hassle and travel to get your rex done properly. It's a 2 hour drive to go to PITS to get our sti tuned. Russell is always happy to drop people off at the Strathpine station to catch a train into the city and pick you up from the station to pick up your car in the afternoon...Worth considering... Glad you are happy now with your car. 190kwatw safe tune is perfect and unichip tunes last for years... 8)
Last edited by Delivan on Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Ah you silly van, link to the item page on ebay, not your purchase history page, which brings up my purchase history. lol.

Fear, take the reimbursement then leave. Don't bother with the service thing or even the car wash.

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby Delivan » Wed May 24, 2017 5:21 pm

'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

Return to “ECU's and Tuning”