Trouble using EcuFlash

shirls005
Learner Driver

Trouble using EcuFlash

Postby shirls005 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,

I have an 06 STI with a secondary airpump fault. Instead of forking our serious $$$ for a new one I just want to disable the CEL codes to get my cruise control back.

I got my hands on a Tactrix Openport 2.0 unit and am trying to use EcuFlash to read the ECU map however it is failing. Error log shows "VIN read not supported". Do I need to enter ‘test mode’ for it to work? If so how do I do it for an 06 STI? I am reading stuff that mention two sets of green diagnostic connectors.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Re: Trouble using EcuFlash

Postby mv75 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm

You need romraider.

my9999
Learner Driver

Postby my9999 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

mv75 wrote:You need romraider.

Why? No logging required here.

OP Yes if you can find the green connectors under the drivers side dash connect them this will put your car in test mode. There could be other connectors in the passenger side left kick panel there usually left connected though.

Open up ecuflash, ignition on, make sure you can hear you radiator fans cycling, click read ecu then save your rom. Open rom, disable all the secondary airpump codes think there 11 in total and save. Open modified rom in ecuflash, Turn ignition on make sure you can hear you radiator fans cycling press reflash

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Why? Because it works is why. Backup option if ecuflash still fails.

Return to “ECU's and Tuning”