Bugeye to My11 - Chalk and Cheese (Big daily smile to MASSIVE daily smile)

Gregjeffrey1
Learner Driver

Bugeye to My11 - Chalk and Cheese (Big daily smile to MASSIVE daily smile)

Postby Gregjeffrey1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi All

I loved my bugeye. She had some mods but nothing over the top... I honestly thought I'd own it forever!

But then I looked at carsales.com one too many times and after one drive that was it... Now I LOVE my My11. Second owner and previous guy did some great STI mods (I highly recommend a short shift gear box). I've added the wheels and lip and soon to do the turboback exhaust and tune (would like to hear from anyone who has done this and get their thoughts on it).

I lowered my bug but not sure if I'll do that to the My11... has anyone done this?

REX I

REX II

Gregjeffrey1
Learner Driver

Re: Bugeye to My11 - Chalk and Cheese (Big daily smile to MASSIVE daily smile)

Postby Gregjeffrey1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:06 am

Hi All

Adding mod list and dyno:

Mod 1
Invidia TBE
Walbro fuel pump
Tune (175 kw atw)

Mod 2
Process West Verticolloer and cold air intake
Tune (200 kw atw)... actually 197 but I'm going with 200 :)

Project_Dx
Learner Driver

Postby Project_Dx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:22 am

Glad you're enjoying your MY11! Producing nice power too. Who tuned your car?

Gregjeffrey1
Learner Driver

Postby Gregjeffrey1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 pm

I've done all the work through Ignite Mechanical & Custom (https://www.facebook.com/IgniteMechanicalCustom) - The tunes were done at Millennium Motorsports in Tingalpa (QLD).

Mr Corduroy
Silver/Blue WRX Driver
Silver/Blue WRX Driver

Postby Mr Corduroy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:11 pm

So how is it different from driving the bugeye?
Silver MY05 WRX & Blue MY98 WRX

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby neptune11 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 am

punk Welcome to the MY11 club...I've only ever had one Suby, this being my first, & I think its awesome...
I was going to suggest a CAI and Verti Cooler, since you live QLD, but you're already done...
Did you add an aftermarket BOV, likely a GFB?
If you're going to lower it, perhaps look at MCA coilovers...
I've put lowered H & R springs in, with adjustable sway bars, roll centre kit & anti lift kit, but coilovers will be much better & my next move...
enjoy mate...
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

Gregjeffrey1
Learner Driver

Postby Gregjeffrey1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Mr Corduroy and Neptune11

Re comparison, it's probably hard to fully explain, I mean it's all relative hey. One person's view is not the same as anothers. My Bug was lowered with a catback so performance was pretty much factory and ride was a little harsher but more responsive. I had it lowered so I can compare the before and after and I certainly preferred it lowered when driving hard but not lowered on a day to day basis if that makes sense.

As for comparing the bug to the My11 directly, when I bought the My11 it had a short shift and Sti strut bar but other than that, was basically std, but the difference to the bug (in all aspects) was amazing. Lot's more usable power and a much better ride and handling package. Since buying it, I have now added:

18 inch rims
DAMD D shaped steering wheel (a must have for that car if you ask me)
Invidia TBE
Walbro fuel pump
Process West Verticooler and cold air intake
and of course a tune

and it just flies (added 60kw over the standard car at the wheels - at the bargain basement price of $100 per k/w - my mods including tunes were about $6k). My nephew has a bug (with a full engine rebuild that cost him $25k when he did it a few years ago) and he loves it. Performance wise I'd say his felt quicker but I was in the passenger seat so hard to know for sure.

I've also driven (hard) friends My16 WRX auto (cvt) and My16 Sti (to be fair, I let them drive mine pretty hard too :-s) and if I wasn't keeping mine I think the performance and daily drive aspects of the WRX auto would be hard to go past. The Sti I drove is unmodded and I definitely preferred mine driveability and power wise over it. Compared to the 2 later ones, my modded My11 feels a little more brutal - which for me is good, but for others might not be.

To Neptune, I think that is it for me mod wise for a while. Have decided not to lower. It has an aftermarket front lip and that scrapes as it is and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with the ride and feel of her as is.

Return to “Photo Gallery and Build Threads”