For the love of a classic - MY99 GC8

Snowy
Chocolate Wheels Driver
Chocolate Wheels Driver

Re: For the love of a classic - MY99 GC8

Postby Snowy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 am

Wow...very interesting feedback/advice from your suspension guy yesterday (re ditching the MCA's for something more compliant).

So can you tell us (yet) which coilovers he is suggesting & installing?

Re the bnib MCA's you have for sale in the Forum For Sale section - are they not the updated valving 6kg/4kg set (as you indicated above in one of your earlier posts)?? In the For Sale section, you've described them as 7kg/5kg which I thought were the used set currently in the car...

Thank you for your feedback & thoughts on my setup....couldn't agree more that an oem height shock is not designed (ie. not a good match) for a lowered spring and therefore not an ideal setup.

I have read up on the Bilstein B6 (oem height) vs the B8 (lowered height)....and thanks for your opinion re the B8 vs Koni Yellows.

Question - on your AMG, did you have the B8's with Eibach Pro Kit springs (slightly lowered) or Eibach Sportline springs (lower again)??
Snowy
Vice-President (2014 - current) - vp@wrx.com.au
Former Club Secretary (2012 - 2014)
MY00 WRX Red Mica - 3" CES S/S CBE

crembz
Impreza RS Driver

Postby crembz » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:00 am

Hey mate,

My suspension guy has been experimenting with different suspension and geometry setups for track work for quite some time and has designed his own coilovers with custom valving. I've never been unhappy with his advise so I decided to take it. Ironically he insists I could go a stiffer spring rate and get a more compliant ride by tweaking my setup. I'll be catching up with him this week and I'll get some more info.

My bad I had thought that the mcas they sent were 6/4, turns out they were actually 7/5 as well, which is part of the reason. I decided to go a different direction.

I ran the pro kit on my AMG, I'm really not into slammed cars. Really liked that setup.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

crembz
Impreza RS Driver

Postby crembz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Cars back from the suspension work ... Much much better driving on normal roads, no more crashing through ruts and pot holes. Ended up with 6kg/4kg Hakon coilovers with super Pro front and rear sway bars and alk. Got it setup 12 clicks from soft. Pretty happy so far!ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Photo Gallery and Build Threads”