Widebody fibreglass GC8

Kevin.Averill
Probationary Driver

Widebody fibreglass GC8

Postby Kevin.Averill » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:32 pm

This car is back up for sale again and has been for some time, I am being realistic and considering all offers. I would rather see this car being used and enjoyed than have it sitting idle.

1997 GC8 WRX wide body race car 1050 KG.

Specs as follows:

Cams logbook, Racepak dash, Haltech s1000 ECU, E85 with Multiple tunes, 18” wheels 275x35 Tyres (Nitto Nt01), STI brembo brakes, Full 6 speed STI conversion, Fully adjustable BC coilovers (set up by Truetrak, more prone to oversteer than understeer), Fibreglass Front/ Rear fenders and doors, Lexan windows, 700 KM old VF34 turbo, Walbro 460 L/hr fuel pump, 1150cc Bosch injectors, Custom Fuel rails, Full cage with side intrusion, Anti lag on a switch, New timing belt, New Hawk DT-70 pads all round, 4 new Girodisc 2pcs floating rotors, Side exit straight pipe (with silencer for Sandown)

The car has a lot of data from previous events and tuning, All tunes and safety parameters are fully adjustable on the software that comes with the car. The large amount of data shows the car pulls a sustained 1.6 G’s at turn 6 (Siberia, Phillip island), 1.4 G’s under braking, and 0.7 G’s under acceleration.
The car has achieved the following with a modest 180KW ATW tune: 1.23 at sandown (1.22 theoretical) and 1.48 at Phillip island (1.47 theoretical) The car would be capable of some seriously quick times in the right hands.

The aero has been started on the car with air tabs to reduce drag and improve the wing efficiency. I have video testing of tell tails at Phillip Island. The car now has a fully sealed underbody, a front splitter/diffuser and a rear diffuser, the car really needs a high downforce rear wing to balance out the front downforce (it is currently compensated for with the suspension) The car could shave another 2s with more down force and slick tyres. The front splitter comes off the car with just 2 bolts so it can be taken off for transport if required.

At Subinats 16 the selector rod for 1st/ 2nd gear was damaged, Gear set is fine. Open to all offers with or without refreshed 6 speed box Part exchange: 996 or 997 GT3/CUP

https://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/ ... u/id/17766

Contact details: Kevin 04two858nine6zero

Kevin.Averill
Probationary Driver

Re: Widebody fibreglass GC8

Postby Kevin.Averill » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:53 pm

The car Is heading to the mechanics (independent motorsport) and will have the following done prior to potential sale:

Install APR GT1000 wing (a $3600 wing that makes up to 750 KG in downforce)
Re-freshed gerbox and drivetrain
Full safety inspection and service
Brake bleed
Tune up
Suspension set up

$ All offers considered as i would rather see this car being used. Try your luck you may get a bargain!

Return to “Cars for Sale”