WTB; 2005 STI

REVNURAZR
Probationary Driver

WTB; 2005 STI

Postby REVNURAZR » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 am

As the title suggests, after an unfortunate incident a few weeks ago, my pride and joy was written off.

So I am wanting to get back into another STI.

What I am looking for;

- clean, low km, late 05 STI (5x114.3 & DCCD)
- preferably white or blue, but will look at other options
- ideally in WA
- will consider 03-04 if it matches the above criteria
- budget of 20-24k

Let me know if you are on the fence about parting ways via Pm or below.

Also, I am aware of the 05 STI that is available at Subaru Ozzie Park here, but knowing what they bought the car for, I refuse to pay 27k for it

Snowy
Chocolate Wheels Driver
Chocolate Wheels Driver

Re: WTB; 2005 STI

Postby Snowy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Oh nooooo, I am very sorry to hear that your beautiful 02 STi has been written off, you must be absolutely gutted :thumbsdow: :thumbsdow:
I've followed your Build Thread on here with interest....your love & care for that car was obvious....and the thought, dollars, time, effort, blood, sweat & tears that went into all the mods (big or small) was clear to see.

Hope you find the right replacement that you can once again call your "pride and joy" :thumbs:

PS. were you able to remove any good/valuable bits off your 02 STi to keep??
Snowy
Vice-President (2014 - current) - vp@wrx.com.au
Former Club Secretary (2012 - 2014)
MY00 WRX Red Mica - 3" CES S/S CBE

REVNURAZR
Probationary Driver

Postby REVNURAZR » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Snowy wrote:Oh nooooo, I am very sorry to hear that your beautiful 02 STi has been written off, you must be absolutely gutted :thumbsdow: :thumbsdow:
I've followed your Build Thread on here with interest....your love & care for that car was obvious....and the thought, dollars, time, effort, blood, sweat & tears that went into all the mods (big or small) was clear to see.

Hope you find the right replacement that you can once again call your "pride and joy" :thumbs:

PS. were you able to remove any good/valuable bits off your 02 STi to keep??

Yeah very sad time, had a p-plater fail to give way as I was travelling through a set of lights and collided.

I was lucky enough to buy the car back (having gone through the other parties insurance as I had no salvage rights with SGIO - they have been told where to shove any future policies as it was an utter headache with them)

I managed to salvage all mods that can be transferred onto the next one and part out the remains of mine to make up the payout shortfall (another sheet thing with SGIO, maximum agreed value I could get was 10.8k....)

So onwards and upwards, just hard to find what I'm after at this stage haha

Skyward
Learner Driver

Postby Skyward » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Sorry to curb your thread, but are you looking at selling your written off STI drive gear? I'd be interested in the 6 speed and maybe more if you are... Thanks.

REVNURAZR
Probationary Driver

Postby REVNURAZR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Skyward wrote:Sorry to curb your thread, but are you looking at selling your written off STI drive gear? I'd be interested in the 6 speed and maybe more if you are... Thanks.

Long gone mate, all that's left;

Snowy
Chocolate Wheels Driver
Chocolate Wheels Driver

Postby Snowy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:59 am

Wow :shock: that picture shows the car as a mere shadow of its former glorious self :( :thumbsdow: :thumbsdow:

On the upside, glad you could buy the car back, salvage the parts you wanted & sell the rest.

As you say, it's not easy to find the "right" replacement car though.....hopefully only a matter of time before you do, all the best with the search :thumbs:
Snowy
Vice-President (2014 - current) - vp@wrx.com.au
Former Club Secretary (2012 - 2014)
MY00 WRX Red Mica - 3" CES S/S CBE

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Where's the damage? Frame looks good. But I'm feeling pissed off for you. **** insurance will never fully cover you and you'll always be out of pocket for another car while the **** that caused it all merrily goes on their way most likely with a profit.

Damn I'd love to pick misc plugs / bungs and left over bits off that. Sorry if that sounded vulture-ish.

You should find a 05 sti eventually. Good choice for one, I reckon they're the best ever year that Subaru has ever made a sti, came with all the good stuff, no compromises.

Return to “Wanted to Buy”