Detail Clinic Product Use

Immacreflections
Club Supporter

Detail Clinic Product Use

Postby Immacreflections » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

I am creating this thread for anyone but specifically for those at the detail clinic.

With your microfibers please follow this guideline and there are further product and process below

No water above 50 DEGREES CELCIUS

No spin cycle above 800- then air dry the rest or air dry from the start INSIDE only do not dry outside and ONLY use in dryer without any other towels and on low heat!

NO cleaning products with BLEACH and/or SOFTENERS sounds weird you would think you want your cloths to be soft but softeners ruin their charge and actually chemically damage the fibres.

Before use I recommend 2 or 3 cycles in the machine 1 wash, then a wash but no detergents added and another with very little detergent this will work them in and soften and prepare the fibres to work best.

Wax- DO NOT USE YOUR MICROFIBRE TO APPLY buy a wax applicator pad from waxit.com.au.

Allow wax to cure if you wipe with your finger and still greasy/wet it’s not ready. Allow 30-60 minutes between coats ideally but they can be one after another.

Sealants- Use these as directed on the bottle

Clay bar- With the clay bar once you’ve washed your vehicle DON’T dry it. Just mist it on the panel, 3-4 sprays is sufficient for a half bonnet or full quarter panel.

Iron-x – Iron x does not need to be dripping from your panel. I believe a few people have used half their bottle already. When the car is dry mist it over the panel 4-5 sprays per panel will be plenty.

Grit Guard- Put the grit guard in your second bucket the rinse bucket not the soap filled one.

I am also doing another thread regards to processes and terms used to clarify to people.

Regards,

Mitch

muzza
Black MY06 STI
Black MY06 STI

Re: Detail Clinic Product Use

Postby muzza » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:20 pm

I believe some of this is directed at me.
Guilty as charged but allways willing to learn.
I Did not swim the panels in iron x. Used more on the wheels. Was quite suprised to find half a bottle gone.
I think some of the problem may be I didnot adjust the trigger to mist well enough.

With the clay bar residue is it best to do one panel at a time and rinse?
I clayed the whole car and then rinsed the whole car. It had dried in spots by this stage.

I deffinatley learned alot yesterday, I have alot of room to impove next time.

Immacreflections
Club Supporter

Re: Detail Clinic Product Use

Postby Immacreflections » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:21 pm

muzza wrote:I believe some of this is directed at me.
Guilty as charged but allways willing to learn.
I Did not swim the panels in iron x. Used more on the wheels. Was quite suprised to find half a bottle gone.
I think some of the problem may be I didnot adjust the trigger to mist well enough.

With the clay bar residue is it best to do one panel at a time and rinse?
I clayed the whole car and then rinsed the whole car. It had dried in spots by this stage.

I deffinatley learned alot yesterday, I have alot of room to impove next time.

It was but I didnt want to point fingers, but in saying that I was planning on it anyway :wink: .

With the iron x your better to mist it let dwell and only remove half - 3/4 of the contaminants then mist again youll use far less that way :)

With the clay bar I generally use either give it a quick run over with the wash solution I still have in my bucket ONLY if your using the 2 bucket method with grit guard and then rinse or use a fresh bucket of water with 1/4 the amount of shampoo needed for a wash and this will suffice. then rinse it.

Foamsoak, iron-x (6 monthly) wheels monthly,rinse and wash, clay bar (6-12 monthly) wash and rinse. :icecream:

Regards,

Mitch

Return to “DIY Guides”