Where is your car at???

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver

Re: Where is your car at???

Postby neptune11 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:21 am

dbz wrote:
bazzasti wrote:Took engine out, swapping plugs and a few other minor fixes and hopefully will be back in tomorrow for more punishment. Am I right in thinking we dont have any Wrx club events until April :(

Yup April 30 :( Don't rush this Barry.

Yep, end of April.. March is busy enough, with Labour day weekend, F1 weekend then Easter...

And then bring on next round, at Sandown, full tilt from there, almost one a month!! :drunk:
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby neptune11 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 am

bazzasti wrote:Calder Hotlap from yesterday. Wouldn't have happened had it not been for the GotItRex team who helped me diagnose / fix a timing belt skipped tooth in the first session :bowdown:

The speed at which this thing takes the kink gives me good hope for the high speed turns at PI.

What telemetry do you use??
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

dbz
WRX STi Driver

Postby dbz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:28 am

My "1:06:9" lap , Kurt doesn't seem to believe me. :giggle: But in all honestly i stopwatch timed it and its definitely in the 1:07s. Comparing to Barry's lap, mine looks soooo slow haha. Barry's line in the final corner is definitely better, i was only hitting 205 at the end of the straight, Barry's got to 240!! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4czBkwF6GU
MY15 BRZ (Clubman Class) PBs: PI-1:49.7 Winton-1:36.1 Sandown- 1:26.0
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)
PBs: PI-1:54.7 Winton-1:39.9 Sandown-1:29.4 Broadford-1:08.5

bazzasti
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby bazzasti » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:19 pm

neptune11 wrote:
bazzasti wrote:Calder Hotlap from yesterday. Wouldn't have happened had it not been for the GotItRex team who helped me diagnose / fix a timing belt skipped tooth in the first session :bowdown:

The speed at which this thing takes the kink gives me good hope for the high speed turns at PI.

What telemetry do you use??

It's a GPX Pro, pretty cool little unit. It logs TPS, oil temp, oil pressure, RPM and whatever you want it to (0-5V) and has a GPS antenna (that is playing up after I sliced the cable which is why some of the speeds jump all over the shop).

dbz wrote:My "1:06:9" lap , Kurt doesn't seem to believe me. :giggle: But in all honestly i stopwatch timed it and its definitely in the 1:07s. Comparing to Barry's lap, mine looks soooo slow haha. Barry's line in the final corner is definitely better, i was only hitting 205 at the end of the straight, Barry's got to 240!! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4czBkwF6GU

It hit 250 kph last weekend but was a bit down on power on Sunday but I've found the issue so all good :drunk:

You should buy a GPX Pro... it's usually 0.1 second difference to NATSOFT times so I usually know my time before I come in.

Return to “Public Club Motorsport Discussions”