Impreza WRX Driver

Re: Where is your car at???

Postby AVO450 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:59 am

SM4 Sold.....Rickzta is the new owner

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:13 am

Quick update ... Billet block testing has been done , and tested in 35deg heat at Wakefield park this week . By all accounts it is proving slightly different in the noise it creates, just a lot more "solid". Was tuned @ 23 psi for a staggering 364awkw on a run in tune ....e85 . Displacement is at 2.5 litres , whereas my billet block is at over 2.7 . Very excited to see these results . And also it is being run with a S6 Sequential
Check it out on YouTube under Hulk billet block . sheet is going to get real for next season , looking forward to it .Jason Wright and a few of the Men up in Sydney are very interested in bringing the cars down for one of our rounds , preferably Phillip Island.... So will be informing most when that will occur .

pipjones
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby pipjones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Would be good to see those boys down at pi

Kristian
Social Committee Kristian
Social Committee Kristian

Postby Kristian » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeh would love to see what times they can do around the island.
punk
------------------ GOT IT REX TUNED 2011 STI SEDAN ------------------

pipjones
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby pipjones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 pm

quick update.. last meet at sandown this happened

that was 4 weeks ago, this is it today :shock: :shock: :shock: punk punk punk

2 new guards, new rad support, 2 bent rails, repair bonnet new inlet hose, new radiator , hole in intercooler, 2 broken timing gears, timing belt, timing covers, repair rear quarter, straighten rh rear rail, beaver panel, new rear bar, new tail lights, repaired and painted it all myself in 2 pak and its come up sick.. am really happy with the result.

massive thank you to tony at URD for helping me with the new timing gears and the belt install. there was no bent valves...hows that..
go see tony for your hard to do Subaru jobs, seriously hes a wiz with subarus,s

anyway hope to see everyone at sandown this weekend.. hopefully I can get more than 2 laps before I stick it in the fence again..haha

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Looks good phil .... Patience my dear man patience.... Ahh f#?£l it , go for it and have fun . :D

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:53 am

Quick update......Haltech elite 2500 mounted,Smartwire,Switch panel,Amplifier,can hub,can control wideband.......yep pimp ........rear aero has been felted,total rewire,looks great.....not far off now.

rsturbo92
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby rsturbo92 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Bet you'll be itching to kick it into life Paul!!

Whats happened to ol bazzasti, few posts back he was fitting electric pumps and cool suits talking about 2015 plans, nek minnit a parts fire sale ??? Maybe seen the light and getting into a later model jigger??

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:26 pm

hey....yep ,its been a 3year build so far ....so yes,im ready!
Will be full on year,so we need to get it going as soon as we can,get the aero sorted and all the other bits before we get the billet block.Once thats all in (by Subinats in june?)It will be full on into WTAC testing.Going to farm out the custom Aero once its tested,so some sexy Carbon fibre will be on its way........closer than what it was 12mths ago.................. punk

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:18 am

car should be off shortly to get the wiring completed.What a headf :hairpull: .........So on board will be a New Haltech Elite 2500,with a complete Smartwire PDM.....so not far off with a bit of luck.Should be at a few of the meets to do some shakedown soon........(in its 4th year of the build).... :( :( :(

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:47 am

+Phew ....car off on monday to get the all the haltech gear installed ,once done then to the dyno and hoping first event in April ,PIARC weekend (11th/12th).Then will be coming along to Winton on the WRX round on the 23rd may........so all going good :cool: :cool:

rsturbo92
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby rsturbo92 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

Just re-read this thread, remembering all the big names with cars in the build that were to be soon out on the track (back in 2013!!!). We're almost 3 events into the 2015 season and they all seem to have gone missing!

Tony, cliff, bumblebee, pip jones, Paul, ricksta, Dane, hodgey, blotto, grantdlr, and I'm sure there's others. Lots of pretty piccies but not much racing!

What's taking so long?!

blotto
S204 Driver

Postby blotto » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:31 am

Did I say I'd have a big build?

Are you starved of competition Tim?
Veni Vidi Vici

rsturbo92
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby rsturbo92 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 pm

blotto wrote:Did I say I'd have a big build?

Not sure if it was a big build Darren but I remember reading you saying something like "the big guns are coming back soon. Car being built specifically and legally for sprint class".
Assumed you were talking about your car....?

blotto
S204 Driver

Postby blotto » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Haha
From memory just a bit of trolling.

I won't race again until I get a cage
Veni Vidi Vici

dane
Probationary Driver

Postby dane » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:03 pm

rsturbo92 wrote:Just re-read this thread, remembering all the big names with cars in the build that were to be soon out on the track (back in 2013!!!). We're almost 3 events into the 2015 season and they all seem to have gone missing!

Tony, cliff, bumblebee, pip jones, Paul, ricksta, Dane, hodgey, blotto, grantdlr, and I'm sure there's others. Lots of pretty piccies but not much racing!

What's taking so long?!

My POS is ready to race, was meant to be at PI next weekend, but family commitments have got in the way.

Just struggling to find time/motivation to get to the track.

And in the foreseeable future I won't be racing with in the wrxclub events due to not being able to forecast my spare time for the year.

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Hey Tim
Yeah .... I would be one of those culprits . It's been fairly frustrating , but car is now in Melb getting the job done that was promised before Xmas .the biggest problem is that when you get promised to have a job completed and nothing eventuates.... It just gobbles up time . To find like minded people is , when you have a build as complex as mine ..... Is real hard . Some are just too busy and I loved their honesty , then u move to " next " I actually called the supplier , and they pointed me in RTR direction and so far so good ..... :clown: It has oil in it fuel .... Yep so once wiring is done , at Road Track Rally , we should be ohhh so close . It has to be going by months end as we have an invitational event in Sydney ( will be close ) then off too Winton with you guys . ......then it's off to Topstage after subinats for a custom V3 splitter wing diffuser ... All the sheet and giggles .. Freddy is onto it and will be sorting that out shortly after Easter .
But the billet engine , Freddies carbon fibre work will most likely not be ready as it just takes heaps of time ( let alone $$) to get this right , for WTAC , which the entry will be sent off after the 6th , and entered in Open class . punk
It's been 4 long years now , heaps of hours , along with a truck load of cash . But don't worry guys . Believe me the wait will be worth it . Particularly once the billet engine arrives .

rsturbo92
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby rsturbo92 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Paul, not sure if I read that right, is rtr doing the wiring?

AVO450
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby AVO450 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Can u tell I'm tired .. :o
Yep it's down there getting the job done as we speak

Return to “Public Club Motorsport Discussions”