WRX Motorsport 2016

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm

We are excited to announce another fantastic season of Motorsport in 2016. We look forward to welcoming back our previous competitors and are excited for first timers to join in on the championship.


2016 MOTORSPORT CALENDAR


Our preliminary calendar is sorted, however our Round 4 Event and venue still needs to be confirmed. Please note the information included in this email is static and it best to check the Motorsport section on our website (http://wrx.com.au/motorsport) for the most up-to-date information.

Round 1 30 Jan Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
Round 2 28 Feb Calder Park Raceway
Round 3 30 Apr Sandown Raceway
Round 4 TBA TBA
Round 5 3 Jul Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit (SubiNats – 95db!)
Round 6 14 Aug Winton Motor Raceway (hosted by PCV)
Round 7 29 Oct Sandown Raceway (tentative)
Rexmas 18 Dec Sandown Raceway (tentative)



2016 MOTORSPORT RULES AND CLASS POINTS


Our Motorsport rules and classifications are continually evolving and in order to rectify some of the short-comings of the previous years we have made some amendments.

Some of these changes include;

• We have removed the Rule that all cars must run OEM Brembo STi brakes or better to be eligible to run 'R spec' or non-road legal ADR compliant tyres.
• We have removed the Rule that all vehicles in Open Class must run a CAMS compliant 4 point harness as a minimum to be eligible to compete.
• Random scrutineering will take place during each round of the Championship.
• All Championship competitors will be required to submit an electronic copy of their "Mod Score" sheet to the motorsport team at the start of the year, or prior to event, and will only be required to resubmit this when changes have been made to their vehicle. These sheets will be electronically viewable to all financial members of the club and hyperlinked into the Class championship table. This provides transparency between competitors, and allows us to scrutineer more efficiently. An example of this new structure can be found here; http://wrx.com.au/2016_WRX_Championship

Image


• Point structure has been modified to the following;
For events where there are 3 or more cars competing in the class:
Place - Points
1 - 14
2 - 11
3 - 9
4 - 7
5 - 6
6 - 5
7 - 4
8 - 3
9 - 2
10 - 1

For events where there are 2 cars competing in the class:
Place - Points
1 - 11
2 - 9

For events where there is 1 car competing in the class:
Place - Points
1 - 9


• Only the best six rounds for each competitor will be used in the calculation of Each Class Champion.
• Points from all rounds will count toward the overall Club Championship.
• Associate over 3 Litre and Associate under 3 Litre classes have been merged into one Associate class, and it is now only for financial club members. Timing of other competitors will be grouped as “Public Entries” unless otherwise arranged.

The complete list of these rules and the mod class calculator can be found below:
Rules - HERE
Mod Class Calculator - HERE
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

User avatar
dbz
WRX STi Driver
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby dbz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Woohoo, my CAMS just renewed :D And I vote Winton for Rd 4 :)
MY15 BRZ (Clubman Class) PBs: PI-1:50.9
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)
PBs: PI-1:54.7 Winton-1:39.9 Sandown-1:29.4 Broadford-1:08.5

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 pm

dbz wrote:Woohoo, my CAMS just renewed :D And I vote Winton for Rd 4 :)

It was winton, but we were stuffed around a bit ... and now unfortunately booked out.

So its either another PI, or we join someone else at Winton... still working on it :)
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

User avatar
dbz
WRX STi Driver
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby dbz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:17 pm

I reckon joining is a good idea, this year we had pretty average turnout, even though weather was perfect and Winton just being an awesome track. Hope we get it on the calender :)
MY15 BRZ (Clubman Class) PBs: PI-1:50.9
MY15 BRZ (Street Class)
PBs: PI-1:54.7 Winton-1:39.9 Sandown-1:29.4 Broadford-1:08.5

h-are
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby h-are » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:42 am

Hey Kurt,

Whats changed with the points per class? My car would now be in super sprint based on this current calculator, where as based on last years calc I would have been in sprint?

I even tried taking a few things off, like strut bar & H brace but was still in SS so it looks like the points per class has changed quite a bit?

Cheers.

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm
Location: Bayside

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby neptune11 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:57 am

KuRT12 wrote:
dbz wrote:Woohoo, my CAMS just renewed :D And I vote Winton for Rd 4 :)

It was winton, but we were stuffed around a bit ... and now unfortunately booked out.

So its either another PI, or we join someone else at Winton... still working on it :)


Obviously you love going to WInton Zhi!! pimp :D

I've never been round it, it's sooo far away!! nerd

Either another Calder, P.I is an awesome track, and to get a round in before Subinats, cool, but I know its also pricey to book,
popcorn ...

Wow, and only 7 rounds this coming year, so can only really miss one round to be competitive for the Class classification... :shock: ...At least having all rounds in Vic this year is a BIG bonus punk
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

User avatar
naccs
Learner Driver
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby naccs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 am

Fingers crossed for a second Winton round!
Still in sprint by just 5 points so no mods in the off season for me!

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 am

neptune11 wrote:Wow, and only 7 rounds this coming year, so can only really miss one round to be competitive for the Class classification... :shock: ...At least having all rounds in Vic this year is a BIG bonus punk

The intention was always to allow competitors to only drop one round and remain competitive, i'm not sure what happened last year.

h-are wrote:Hey Kurt,

Whats changed with the points per class? My car would now be in super sprint based on this current calculator, where as based on last years calc I would have been in sprint?

I even tried taking a few things off, like strut bar & H brace but was still in SS so it looks like the points per class has changed quite a bit?

Cheers.

Send me an email Kyle, and we will have a look at it. I know i told you differently earlier in the year, but as we dug deeper we did reassess several items to try even the classes out even further. I'm not 100% sure of your vehicles set up though, so send me the sheet and we will assess.
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm
Location: Bayside

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby neptune11 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 am

:drunk :cool: Still remain in CLUBMAN, before , and after further mods planned!! pimp :thumbs:
Don't need to be higher than that!! :whistle:
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:25 am

First post amended, forgot to mention Round 6 is hosted by PCV
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

krazykatz
Learner Driver
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Melb / Vic
Contact:

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby krazykatz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 am

Can't wait.
Just sold my Club spec Evo 4 so that i can make some upgrades to MY15 STi.
Hopefully it will be all ready in time for round 1.
Still undecided as to who will tune it. Tossing up between Shadow tuned and Got it Rex.
MY15 WRX STi
MY00 WRX Club Spec Evo 4 Hatch - Just Sold :cry:

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm
Location: Bayside

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby neptune11 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:43 am

krazykatz wrote:Can't wait.
Just sold my Club spec Evo 4 so that i can make some upgrades to MY15 STi.
Hopefully it will be all ready in time for round 1.
Still undecided as to who will tune it. Tossing up between Shadow tuned and Got it Rex.


You know where I stand true on this one punk punk
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

krazykatz
Learner Driver
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Melb / Vic
Contact:

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby krazykatz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:47 am

Yeah mate I know :thumbs: - its killing me trying to work out who to go with.
MY15 WRX STi
MY00 WRX Club Spec Evo 4 Hatch - Just Sold :cry:

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm
Location: Bayside

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby neptune11 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:55 am

krazykatz wrote:Yeah mate I know :thumbs: - its killing me trying to work out who to go with.


How'd you go at Suby Mentone the other day??
They give you any stick?? ha... :boring :cool:

Go with what you believe, and where your heart lies :drunk:
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:21 am

An example of the 2016 class ladder (incorporating linked mod-sheets for member viewing) is shown below
http://www.wrx.com.au/2016_WRX_Championship

Image
i have also added to the top post
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

Gibson.lp
Learner Driver
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby Gibson.lp » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Great work motorsport team,
The rules look good and seems to be a nice even spread of mods for each class.

Bring on 2016, and subinats!!

User avatar
Lostprophet
MY11 WRX Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby Lostprophet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi Kurt,
Is there something wrong with the mod sheet? I have just gone through the calculations and as it stands there is a 215 points difference between street class and clubman.
Obviously The point of street is to have close to stock cars running around but it seems a bit excessive to have cars in street class only able to have one or two minor mods. This is a car club and there are very few people in the club that have stock cars.
My gripe isn't so much of street class being so low on points allocation, its mainly that if anyone was to just get one point into clubman that the gap there is so huge a lot of racers wont be able to be competitive. Personally I would have to spend over $10k just bring myself in line with the other seasoned clubman racers.
I am baffled to how anyone can race competitively without have the cash to do so.

well thats my 2 cents
Kiel
-----Autobots transform and roll out-----
Street Class
Sandown 1:30.43 (23/04/2017)
Calder Park 1:12.26 (20/09/2014)
Phillip Island 2:00.09 (02/07/2017)
Broadford 1:10.41 (24/09/2017)

User avatar
KuRT12
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby KuRT12 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Lostprophet wrote:Hi Kurt,
Is there something wrong with the mod sheet? I have just gone through the calculations and as it stands there is a 215 points difference between street class and clubman.
Obviously The point of street is to have close to stock cars running around but it seems a bit excessive to have cars in street class only able to have one or two minor mods. This is a car club and there are very few people in the club that have stock cars.
My gripe isn't so much of street class being so low on points allocation, its mainly that if anyone was to just get one point into clubman that the gap there is so huge a lot of racers wont be able to be competitive. Personally I would have to spend over $10k just bring myself in line with the other seasoned clubman racers.
I am baffled to how anyone can race competitively without have the cash to do so.

well thats my 2 cents
Kiel


Hi Kiel,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are correct - we have designed street class to be more stringent this year and it only allows few minor mods.

Please also note; dont compare to this years clubman class, as we have moved the graduation up so some people have moved up classes from last year. This was partially due to the fact we had only one competitor in Super Sprint. So the levels have been split a little more evenly.

I would be happy for you to send me your mod sheet to look at, but the sub-commitee have run countless scenarios of varying modification levels and feel the current sheet provides an equitable comparison at each level.

If you have just missed out on street, you always have the option of reverting a minor mod or so to slip you back into street class.

Thanks,
Kurt
MY '12 SWP WRX STi Spec. R Sedan
Sandown 1:20.48 - Winton 1:35.19 - Wakefield 1:06.84 - Phillip Island 1:44.96 - Broadford 1:03.80 - SMSP Gardner (AD08) : 1:48.05

User avatar
Lostprophet
MY11 WRX Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby Lostprophet » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks for your response Kurt,
Going into next season I will be re-building my engine and seeing as I have to spend the money I am going to do it properly.
My idea was to put in a ej207 short block in. Now according to the mod sheet I would have to add an additional 30 points because its not the OEM one and puts me out of street.
The reason I want to put an ej207 is from all reports its a very tough block and frankly I dont have the money to rebuild an engine again.
What is your view on this ? As I see it, I don't see it being a gain as power output will be roughly the same apart from it being a new engine compared to my previous one that had done 350,000 Ks.

On another note is it right that on the mod sheet all Rexs from 2009 up are lumped into the one category?
Personally I don't think any of the new chassis rexes should be compared to earlier models. There are so many major improvements to the chassis that negate mods such as strut bars and sway bars.
once again just my 2 cents on the issue.. and maybe a buck more

Thanks
Kiel
-----Autobots transform and roll out-----
Street Class
Sandown 1:30.43 (23/04/2017)
Calder Park 1:12.26 (20/09/2014)
Phillip Island 2:00.09 (02/07/2017)
Broadford 1:10.41 (24/09/2017)

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm
Location: Bayside

Re: WRX Motorsport 2016

Postby neptune11 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 am

KuRT12 wrote:
Lostprophet wrote:Hi Kurt,
Is there something wrong with the mod sheet? I have just gone through the calculations and as it stands there is a 215 points difference between street class and clubman.
Obviously The point of street is to have close to stock cars running around but it seems a bit excessive to have cars in street class only able to have one or two minor mods. This is a car club and there are very few people in the club that have stock cars.
My gripe isn't so much of street class being so low on points allocation, its mainly that if anyone was to just get one point into clubman that the gap there is so huge a lot of racers wont be able to be competitive. Personally I would have to spend over $10k just bring myself in line with the other seasoned clubman racers.
I am baffled to how anyone can race competitively without have the cash to do so.

well thats my 2 cents
Kiel


Hi Kiel,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are correct - we have designed street class to be more stringent this year and it only allows few minor mods.

Please also note; dont compare to this years clubman class, as we have moved the graduation up so some people have moved up classes from last year. This was partially due to the fact we had only one competitor in Super Sprint. So the levels have been split a little more evenly.

I would be happy for you to send me your mod sheet to look at, but the sub-commitee have run countless scenarios of varying modification levels and feel the current sheet provides an equitable comparison at each level.

If you have just missed out on street, you always have the option of reverting a minor mod or so to slip you back into street class.

Thanks,
Kurt


That's great to know and hear Kurt.

As some as the top line guys in Clubman were very impressive in times and cars!!
So should be a cracking season ahead..
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

Return to “Public Club Motorsport Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests