Sandown Wrap Up (29/10/16)

h-are
Impreza WRX Driver

Re: Sandown Wrap Up (29/10/16)

Postby h-are » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Cage is out and looks unmarked. Happy for anyone to take a look/do whatever tests of it. I am going by what a good mate with 20+ years metal work experience tells me. Cage is good.

Contact number is 0407350968. He would even be able to weld it in for you Id say. Send me a message if you want pics etc. Let this thing continue to protect I say! Kyle.

h-are
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby h-are » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 am

Hi All, Looks like cage is sold, if that falls through I'll put it back up here. Good to see a few people wanting to upgrade the safety!

Mr Corduroy
Silver/Blue WRX Driver
Silver/Blue WRX Driver

Postby Mr Corduroy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Mr Corduroy wrote:
KuRT12 wrote:Hey for whoever asked earlier in the thread, Lux Racing will be custom fabbing up a half cage for me later this Month.

I spoke to AGI as they have a great reputation, they were on a 86 cage back-log and looking at delivery mid Jan. Was a bit nervous to try and make round 1 next year.

I also spoke to Brown Davis, was about a 2 week turn around and the same price (as no freight - local in Bayswater) and could also offer Installation for a few Hundred extra.

I ordered an AGI half cage earlier this week and yes there will be a long delay.

Whilst I have no concerns about AGI, there may well be other good options for two reasons:
- The delay; and
- A weld in solution would probably be safer than a bolt in solution.

It seems there are other reputable suppliers as posted by others.

My AGI half cage arrived last week (exactly as promised) and I bolted it in over the weekend, ready for Phillip Island on Saturday. I'm very happy, both with the cage and with the service.
Silver MY05 WRX & Blue MY98 WRX

magoo
Learner Driver

Postby magoo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 am

Mr Corduroy wrote:[quote="Mr Corduroy"][quote="KuRT12"]Hey for whoever asked earlier in the thread, Lux Racing will be custom fabbing up a half cage for me later this Month.

I spoke to AGI as they have a great reputation, they were on a 86 cage back-log and looking at delivery mid Jan. Was a bit nervous to try and make round 1 next year.

I also spoke to Brown Davis, was about a 2 week turn around and the same price (as no freight - local in Bayswater) and could also offer Installation for a few Hundred extra.

I ordered an AGI half cage earlier this week and yes there will be a long delay.

Whilst I have no concerns about AGI, there may well be other good options for two reasons:
- The delay; and
- A weld in solution would probably be safer than a bolt in solution.

It seems there are other reputable suppliers as posted by others.[/quote]

My AGI half cage arrived last week (exactly as promised) and I bolted it in over the weekend, ready for Phillip Island on Saturday. I'm very happy, both with the cage and with the service.[/quote]
Me too, I couldn't be happier with my 6 point from AGI... bring on Philip Island!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Public Club Motorsport Discussions”