Bairnsdale Drag Racing

Lick the Knife
Probationary Driver

Bairnsdale Drag Racing

Postby Lick the Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi all,

Anybody into Drag Racing? Anybody going to "No Prep Mayhem" at the Bairnsdale Motor Plex/Dragway this Saturday? It's my local, i'm taking my stock GC8. You can enter on the day, just turn up between 7-9am with a helmet.
Regards,
Gary.

5 Gen Liberty GT Wagon.
MY97 GC8 WRX.

KevO-954
Fireblade/WRX Driver
Fireblade/WRX Driver

Re: Bairnsdale Drag Racing

Postby KevO-954 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks for the invite although most here are Melbourne locals and would find it a bit of a journey. :wink:

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Re: Bairnsdale Drag Racing

Postby Delivan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:16 am

Have done several drag meets over the years... Used to drag my Monaro down at the Surfers Paradise strip back in the 70s.. Let us know what times you pull.. Also make sure you have an Australian Standards Approved helmet with the appropriate stickers fitted or they may turn you away.. They are not fans of cheap Chinese ebay helmets. Be gentle with your gearbox.. The glass ones in GC8s dont like 4 wheel spinning although if you car is stock that should not be a problem but still be mindful of the transmission. Have a great time and take some pics. There are some youtube videos of my daughter and I racing at Willowbank a few years back. She was the first of my children to get a rex. We actually flew to Melbourne to buy it for her. Now they all have rexes ...LOL....
'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

Return to “Public Club Motorsport Discussions”