Shoot away any questions on this field

tinter
Enzo Tait

Re: Shoot away any questions on this field

Postby tinter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi Mark,
Allow $65 per door which including removing the old.
Cheers,
Rob.

Black11wrx
Probationary Driver

Postby Black11wrx » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Rob

I have a 2011 wrx, and had the rear window tinted unsuccessfully twice by two different tinting businesses, mainly because they have trouble gaining access to the two bottom corners on the parcel shelve because the parcel shlve raises considerably in the two corners with bumps, basically im left with creases or bubbles in the corners because they can't squeeze the water from the corners, i told the tinting shop who did the last install it still has problems, he advised me he will need to take the window out and retint it, i'm unsure if i want to go to this length to tint the rear window, was wondering if you have come across such a situation where only removing the rear window was the best option, i was thinking of trying to remove the parcel shelve but haven't had a good look yet to asess whether it's possible without too much hassle.

Thank's

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:28 am

Black11wrx wrote:Hi Rob

I have a 2011 wrx, and had the rear window tinted unsuccessfully twice by two different tinting businesses, mainly because they have trouble gaining access to the two bottom corners on the parcel shelve because the parcel shlve raises considerably in the two corners with bumps, basically im left with creases or bubbles in the corners because they can't squeeze the water from the corners, i told the tinting shop who did the last install it still has problems, he advised me he will need to take the window out and retint it, i'm unsure if i want to go to this length to tint the rear window, was wondering if you have come across such a situation where only removing the rear window was the best option, i was thinking of trying to remove the parcel shelve but haven't had a good look yet to asess whether it's possible without too much hassle.

Thank's

What does the guy do for a day job? :o
Taking the glued in window out of a new Rex is fraught with disaster.
Are you sure these clowns didn't escape from a circus?
Later
Rob.

Black11wrx
Probationary Driver

Postby Black11wrx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm

[/quote]
What does the guy do for a day job? :o
Taking the glued in window out of a new Rex is fraught with disaster.
Are you sure these clowns didn't escape from a circus?
Later
Rob.[/quote]

Yeh decided not to let them take the window out, have you done any tints on the 2011 wrx Rob, any hassles on the rear window?
Here's a link in relation to the discussion on another forum, thought i'd try there:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/exterior- ... ssles.html

sikmrex
WRX STi Driver

Postby sikmrex » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Why tint the rear window? My my11 is sufficient from factory. Any darker and there would be an even bigger difference from the fronts.
"What do all men with power want? More power." The Oracle

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 pm

sikmrex wrote:Why tint the rear window? My my11 is sufficient from factory. Any darker and there would be an even bigger difference from the fronts.

And it is illegal to film over that as the visible light transmisssion (your ability to see out) is far too compromised.
I've never had a bare bones base model in.
Rob.

TrexEVO4
Learner Driver

Postby TrexEVO4 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Hey just picked up a 00 WRX Evo 4, are you guys able to source new glass for the car and tint the windows also ? I managed to chip the tint on the passenger front window while carting the exhaust system home from the other side of the city :ras2:

But upon inspecting the cars glass it's got pretty heavy scratch marks from something being on the inside of the door and scratching as it goes up and down hence why i'd prob be looking for new glass too, bit of a big job :/

Thanks for your time mate.

Trent

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 pm

TrexEVO4 wrote:Hey just picked up a 00 WRX Evo 4, are you guys able to source new glass for the car and tint the windows also ? I managed to chip the tint on the passenger front window while carting the exhaust system home from the other side of the city :ras2:

You have to buy genuine Subaru glass via a wrecker which may not be in a better condition or buy new and get a 10% club member discount through Subaru parts.

But upon inspecting the cars glass it's got pretty heavy scratch marks from something being on the inside of the door and scratching as it goes up and down hence why i'd prob be looking for new glass too, bit of a big job :/

This happens because the outside felt pads in the door that support the glass as it goes up and down have become contaminated with abrasive dirt and grit and that is what causes your glass to be scratched.

It may be worth taking the whole outside weatherstrip off and giving it a clean and do the same to the pads.

Regards,
Rob Tait.

Thanks for your time mate.

Trent

stefan01
Impreza RS Driver

Postby stefan01 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey Rob,

Are you able to do them red tint overlays for the tail lights of a 08+ hatch impreza's?

Regards
Stefan

I've only seen them on the net and have no knowledge as to how it fits up but I should think it fairly simple as the material has to be more compliant than solar film that's for sure.
Rob.

DEVILCHILD
Impreza RS Driver

Postby DEVILCHILD » Fri May 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Esay one..
What is the best window cleaner for tinted windows?
They call it a "classic" for a reason:)
GC8 all the way!!
MY98 Mica Green

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm

DEVILCHILD wrote:Esay one..
What is the best window cleaner for tinted windows?

If they are really grubby, first use soaked soft Kleenex tissues and methylated spirits.
This will remove even scuff marks on film that you would think are permanent scratches.

Once all the hard stuff is removed using this powerful solvent, then go over with Windex, or a mix of dish washing detergent in water or any hair shampoo and water mix.

Towel off and done.
Rob

DEVILCHILD
Impreza RS Driver

Postby DEVILCHILD » Fri May 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanx mate good post
They call it a "classic" for a reason:)
GC8 all the way!!
MY98 Mica Green

MY99
Impreza RS Driver

Postby MY99 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Apologies as its not a tinting window topic, am hoping you can help out..

I wish to mount a USA auto dimmer with compus rear view mirror on my MY06 liberty windscreen.

Do you know where i can buy the black backing strip that the rear view mirror mount is glued too ?

I went passed local windscreen obriens and they don't know as apparently the replacement windscreens come with the black backing strip already stuck to the windscreen.

thanks in advance.
MY06 SpecB -
TEAM RED

SIN'D 7
Learner Driver

Postby SIN'D 7 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 am

hey mate, i'm looking at getting my vw golf gti and my 99 wrx tinted, the golf has some little bubbles around the edge of the glass, is this an issue when it comes to tinting?
[IMG=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1258/2612051636.jpg][/IMG]

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:28 am

SIN'D 7 wrote:hey mate, i'm looking at getting my vw golf gti and my 99 wrx tinted, the golf has some little bubbles around the edge of the glass, is this an issue when it comes to tinting?

Sure is because it sounds like you already have film on the glass which has deteriorated and that opens up a whole new scenario.
Got to see it....ring for an appointment time.
Regards,
Rob.

SIN'D 7
Learner Driver

Postby SIN'D 7 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm

tinter wrote:
SIN'D 7 wrote:hey mate, i'm looking at getting my vw golf gti and my 99 wrx tinted, the golf has some little bubbles around the edge of the glass, is this an issue when it comes to tinting?

Sure is because it sounds like you already have film on the glass which has deteriorated and that opens up a whole new scenario.
Got to see it....ring for an appointment time.
Regards,
Rob.

There's no factory tint, these are like little black dots in a pattern around the edge of the glass. I'll have to get a photo, it'll make the explaination a lot easier to understand!
[IMG=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1258/2612051636.jpg][/IMG]

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 pm

That's then factory fitted like most modern cars these days.

KevO-954
Fireblade/WRX Driver
Fireblade/WRX Driver

Postby KevO-954 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 am

Rob, you have PM. Kev. :thumbs:

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Kevin,
Shoot over your mobile number.

roh008
Impreza RS Driver

Postby roh008 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Rob,

Just wondering when you are back at work in 2012, looking to get my front windows tinted. I rang you few weeks back but you were flat out the whole of that week and then I got tied up with work. I use my car for work so afternoon appointments suit me best as I live on the other side of town in the west.

Thanks in advance

Roh
MY11 STI Spec R WR Blue

Return to “Car Tint”