Tinting from around the world....new 06 STI.

tinter
Enzo Tait

Tinting from around the world....new 06 STI.

Postby tinter » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:28 am

How would you like this guy's eye for detail, care and finesse working on your new WRX?
I came across this on one of the USA tinting forums.
This "wham bam" don't give a rat's arse attitude sucks IMHO.
Get them out the door and goodbye.

He obviously doesn't work for himself....nothing more needs to be said!

The Man,
Can you break up the time for me when you can complete a WRTX STI in 40 mins?
Rob.

His reply..............

"No need to pull the panels, no need to shrink, you can have the 4 doors installed in 15 minutes. Nothing to pull apart in the back, 5-7 minutes to prep and shrink the back, another minute or two to clean up the mess and smoke a cigarette, then 10 minutes to clean, prep the backglass, install the film, squeegee and hard card it and throw it in the sun although there shouldn't be any fingers popping up though. If you cut the patterns about 1/8th short on the bottom it will just barely tuck under the rubbers.
I'm young though, so I move pretty good."

T-Rex
MY04 WRX Driver
MY04 WRX Driver

Postby T-Rex » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:44 am

Ha ha i like this "If you cut the patterns about 1/8th short on the bottom it will just barely tuck under the rubbers."

Yeah i sure wouldn't want someone like that tinting my car..
Full Race wrote:A smaller a/r has less efficiency at low flow and higher efficiency at high flow. A larger a/r has more efficiency at low flow and less efficiency at high flow

Darth
WRX STi Driver

Postby Darth » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:38 pm

Ha, surprised he doesn't offer a drive-thru service!
:D :evil:

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Here's a further reply already acknowledging problems yet to come.

My specific question back to him was in relation to how the rear door glass pivots back into the rubber of the "B" pillar frame and with the film being soaking wet, it would come off if not allowed to cure.
40 mins is not enough time and is a total impossibility.

I cut mine close, like about a thumbnail thickness and watching the doors close I always wonder. The SolarGard adhesive is rather strong and I have yet to have an issue, but it looks like it could be a problem.

So he lets a car go with a wonder? Perhaps a prayer too!

And with the Subarus having very tight door trim rubbers, installing them at eye level only can chafe the horizontal edge of the film as it goes down into the door.

Amazing how we never hear how many disgruntled customers have to make time and wait for a redo. :roll: But of course that would blow out the 40 minutes by a massive amount.

Rob.

Return to “Car Tint”