Tinting the new T86/BRZ

tinter
Enzo Tait

Tinting the new T86/BRZ

Postby tinter » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:01 pm

World international feedback from tinters around the world....don't ring us, we'll ring you.

I've had one in to evaluate for tinting and I can add my observations and that is to leave it alone.

Why? The rear screen!

It has the most idiotic high level stop light configeration in the rear screen you could ever imagine.
You just can't get into the space it occupies without a major dismantle of the rear deck "to the body shell."

The housing unit is built into the rear deck and rather than a simple bolt here and there, unclip the wire to the globe and out it all comes in a minute is actually a major rebuild of the whole car.

How this joint venture could come up with this design that lacks basic thought if it ever has to be removed is beyond the world of tinters?

Heaven help anyone who has to replace a bulb or a panel shop repairer.

Here's a link where a private owner in the USA got to it.

We won't count the broken bits.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10002

Rob

Relentless
Learner Driver

Re: Tinting the new T86/BRZ

Postby Relentless » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 am

Gday,
Not sure if you have overcome these issues yet but there is a guide on how to get to the rear window of the BRZ/86 on this 86 forum:
http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?%2 ... ting-an-86

Please let me know if you are able to tint these yet as I have just taken delivery and it does need tinting.

cheers,
Mike

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Mike,
Still doesn't change the industry dislike of this car.
No tinter in their right mind would want to do all that dismantling and putting back together again all that work and still charge a nominal price for it...... Not economical.

Relentless
Learner Driver

Postby Relentless » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for your reply and your comments are fair enough. I have sent a PM re price.

Return to “Car Tint”