Air Filter Dripping oil... :{

sjdanielsen
Learner Driver

Air Filter Dripping oil... :{

Postby sjdanielsen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey Guys

Running my Liberty RS on the track these days (Just did Winton) I know the motor is old, but I have a catch can etc, but after / during the track day I noticed the air filter getting a bit shiny, then it started to drip oil out the bottom..

Car runs really well - it does blow a little smoke when I first start it, but goes away after it warms up. Guessing its either just an old motor (306K) or I'm hoping its not my Turbo - which is a pretty new T400L. Does this also mean my FMIC has got oil through it as well?

Any advice on what it could be - or confirming its just old rings and old motor, that would be awesome

Cheers
Steve
Steve Danielsen
'92 Liberty RS Turbo - Burgundy | '99 WRX Hatch - Rally Blue

JoshRS-turbo
Learner Driver

Re: Air Filter Dripping oil... :{

Postby JoshRS-turbo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 pm

what was in the catch can? You will get a decent amount of blowby on the track.
306k's isn't that "old" for an EJ20G i've run lots on the track in the old days and you would move a bit of oil out but not too crazy.

sjdanielsen
Learner Driver

Re: Air Filter Dripping oil... :{

Postby sjdanielsen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:21 am

There was oil in the catch can.. and over the time, I've had to empty it.Only once though. I do have a breather hose just after the air filter, so it should catch most of it. I took the FMIC off the other day and it had probably 250 mil of oil in it at least, and the oil dropout of the sir filter is on the hot side, so I can only assume its due to old motor and rings..??
Steve Danielsen
'92 Liberty RS Turbo - Burgundy | '99 WRX Hatch - Rally Blue

Return to “Liberty Related Discussion”