baby seat suggestions for 2003 Forester

Nicole
Learner Driver

baby seat suggestions for 2003 Forester

Postby Nicole » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi there,

I'm after some advice from any of you out there that have installed baby seats into their cars. I've noticed that it's very tight on room with one baby seat in the back, and now i need to add another. At the moment we have the safe n sound compaq deluxe, but i'm looking to go for one which will do my son until he's 7 years old.

The ones i'm tossing up between (purely due to the CREP safety reviews) are as follows:
Babylove Ezy Combo
Meridian AHR Tilt & Adjust
Exceed EHP
Swish Air
Comfi Cruiser
Cargo Marathon
Maxi Rider AHR
Hipod Senator

I'd really appreciate any feedback on these if you guys have installed them in terms of room and whether you can still get a third person in the back seat with 2 etc.

Thanks in anticipation

Nicole

Lupin
S204 Driver

Re: baby seat suggestions for 2003 Forester

Postby Lupin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Baby love is a big seat.

What you do is just go to baby bunting and try them in the car.

I'd say the only way you are going to fit a third person in is to get another compaq deluxe.
Mr June 2014 Mr May 2015

XTGirl
Club Secretary
Club Secretary

Postby XTGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm

yeah good luck fitting another bottom in the back seat with two car seats already!!

I have a compaq deluxe and a booster seat (with wings - can't remember the brand) and i can wedge myself between but have buckleys of getting out again!!! :giggle:

that is in an 06 WRX though which are a bit narrower than a Foz...
FOR SALE ** 2006 WRC Blue Hatch WRX! **
Very proud member of the XTFamily and mother of beautiful Benjamin Patrick Downie and the equally divine Molly Mae Downie.

tu
TUSPEED
TUSPEED

Postby tu » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 pm

We've had two of the Meridian's in the Forester (ours and the in-laws) and they fitted pretty well - although if they're in the rear-facing setup it does eat a bit of the front seat room. I reckon you'd be struggling to fit three in but happy to be proven wrong.
http://www.tuspeed.com

Nicole
Learner Driver

Postby Nicole » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback. good to see what others have found/used. I was hoping to get something that would do my 15m.o. son till he turns 7, which the compaq won't. The compaq will be reversed for the newborn, although it would be nice to be able to sit between the two in the event the newborn won't settle etc.

jraptor
Learner Driver

Postby jraptor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 pm

There are those standard seats you can actually get anywhere and would work great with the Forester.

And though there are the specifications you have to look forward to(the height by which the belts would be clasped, they are no biggies.

Or you might want to get your baby seat customized so that it would fit better and would be more apt for the baby who's going to sit on it.

Nicole
Learner Driver

Postby Nicole » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 am

We ended up getting the Maxi rider AHR, but unfortunately there is very little roon between the seats - not enough to fit someone between.

Return to “Forester Related Discussion”