American Dave's MY10 Forester XTP 6MT DCCD TD05-18G (BBK-M)

American Dave
Learner Driver

Re: American Dave's MY10 Forester XTP 6MT DCCD TD05-18G (BBK-M)

Postby American Dave » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 am

New seats are so good to sit in. The gearbox and dccdpro controller are fully operational and the BBK-M turbo is in. Sean cleaned up the tune, made sure there was no spiking and wound back the boost a bit but holy sheet it pulls pretty hard in the short bit of driving I did on the way home. More tuning will need to be done next due to running out of time. Hoping to get up before the sun tomorrow and give it a better test. Wow what a transformation. I think I will likely install the PW CAI as well.
If you bought a BBK-M then you should rest assured you will be happy imo.

Cusco rear brace installed
Last edited by American Dave on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

I meant to post this a few weeks ago but simply forgot. I purchased and installed an aftermarket headunit to replace the Subaru OEM Headunit in Forester. I am by no means a tech head when it come to car audio visuals but I do know what I like in terms of functionality and convenience.

The OEM headunit that came with the XT Premium Forester includes GPS, Reversing Camera and Bluetooth features but not connectivity for Ipod or USB. I also found the quality of the sound very average despite the car having 7 speakers and a sub under the seat. In addition the GPS software was average and difficult to use with the touchscreen. I put up with shortcomings until a mate over east told me about these. I checked out their ebay web site and despite being somewhat dubious about the plug and play I purchased one.
I am very happy with the results and have found the new dig options headunit a heck of lot better that the stock unit in all facets of use and performance.

The GPS comes loaded with iGo8 software which in my mind is one of the best in the market. The sound reproduction is vastly superior and the touch screen features are miles ahead. The Price you ask....a whopping $540 delivered in one week from Melbourne.

Details are as follows and they have headunits to fit all sorts of cars not just dak daks.

GPS Subaru Impreza RX WRX Forester DVD iPod BT Navigation HD 2010 2009 2011 IPOD | eBay

start up with dak dak logo is a nice touch I think
bluetooth for your phone is a winner
holds one dvd or datadisc
satnav maps selection is mint..I am using iGo8 FTW

L1TEW8
Blue Piggy (Black)
Blue Piggy (Black)

American Dave's MY10 Forester XTP 6MT DCCD TD05-18G (BBK-M)

Postby L1TEW8 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Love the seats!! Sexy as
MY07 WRX - The Carbon Rex build thread
http://www.wrx.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73295

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 pm

the seats make me very happy indeed

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Next mod involves more engine cooling...52mm thk aluminum radiator to suit SH Foz

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:17 am

under bonnet pics now that the radiator and S2 AOS are installed...still looks reasonably oem and one of the reasons I opted not to install the PW CAI

sikmrex
WRX STi Driver

Postby sikmrex » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi mate

What is the Bluetooth like? The wrx my11 is terrible - everyone tells me that it sounds like I am in a tunnel. Does this unit use the OEM microphone or it's own.

Cheers

Ps love the beast too!
"What do all men with power want? More power." The Oracle

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 pm

it comes with a microphone but you can use the oem microphone like I did and it work exceptionally well...no issues like you describe...subaru should not be allowed to advertise and sell their headunit as a premium item because it fails badly on a multitude of levels

sikmrex
WRX STi Driver

Postby sikmrex » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:43 pm

American Dave wrote:it comes with a microphone but you can use the oem microphone like I did and it work exceptionally well...no issues like you describe...subaru should not be allowed to advertise and sell their headunit as a premium item because it fails badly on a multitude of levels

Too true!
"What do all men with power want? More power." The Oracle

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

RAC skidpan was great fun yesterday. Only 9 of us fronted and we got bulk runs on several different configurations over 4 hours. The sound is pretty average on videos because I left the drivers window down. The Foz handles great with DCCDPro running the show with ABS & Traction Control off..plenty of grip achieved and I got pretty good by the end of the day after getting used to the power the TD05-18G produces and the way the 6MT DCCD box performs. Brembos and Project Mu pads worked very well and did not have braking issues at all. I ended up running my 19" rims with S Drives. I did manage to but a couple of flat spots on my S Drive tyres though dohhh. Next time I am going to run and film with the windows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OU_wG-5c-o

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

Update is I sold my 17" sti rims and bought a set of 18 x 8.5 +44 Ultrex Vyper Rims and wrapped them in Advan Neova AD08 rubber. I will be using these for track and skidpan days (tomorrow) and keep the Oz Racing 19's for show.
These tyres are super sticky for a street tyre.

Harbs
Black XT Forester Driver
Black XT Forester Driver

Postby Harbs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 am

Looks much better! :thumbs:
Team

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:28 pm

The Forester got some dyno tuning love last week and made a respectable 290 HP and 422 Nm on a meager 18 psi of boost. Very happy with the BBK-M turbo but looking forward to pushing 22 psi wants the new EJ257 short motor, crank and Cosworth internals go in next month.

I had some more dyno tuning done to the Forester last week to improve the throttle response but keeping the boost 18 psi for now. The results being 290 HP and I big grin on my face.

American Dave
Learner Driver

Postby American Dave » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:45 pm

The good news is that ASG have just finished my new Cosworth EJ257 short motor and crank assembly. The bad news is they cannot install it for another month dooooh. In the mean time I have started collecting some new supporting mods to go with it. The first lot arrived today from Daniel at Carmods who gave me a great deal on STI pitch mount and engine mounts, Killer B Oil Baffle and Oil Pickup.

Obligatory bathroom spec photo

Return to “Forester Related Discussion”