2016 Forester XT Tune?

MrFoz
Learner Driver

2016 Forester XT Tune?

Postby MrFoz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Hey all,

New to the forum and first post.

I just got a new Forester XT, and was wondering what my options are in regards to tunes and the best places to go. Has anyone tried tuning the current XTs, and does it affect the SI-Drive?

Cheers
MY16 Forester XT Prem

Kristian
Social Committee Kristian
Social Committee Kristian

Re: 2016 Forester XT Tune?

Postby Kristian » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Give GotitRex a call, not only are they a club sponsor but they happen to have the best tuner around.
I know they did a couple of XT's last week and got some great results.

http://www.gotitrex.com.au/
------------------ GOT IT REX TUNED 2011 STI SEDAN ------------------

MrFoz
Learner Driver

Postby MrFoz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:11 am

Kristian wrote:Give GotitRex a call, not only are they a club sponsor but they happen to have the best tuner around.
I know they did a couple of XT's last week and got some great results.

http://www.gotitrex.com.au/

Thanks Kristian, I will give them a call.

Also trying to see what experiences people are having with the SI-Drive and all that.

Cheers
MY16 Forester XT Prem

Harey
Probationary Driver

Postby Harey » Thu May 19, 2016 10:04 am

Bought a Cobb Accessport for my 2015 Forester XT but we found out they dont support them yet, just the WRXs. I wanted to just use the off the shelf maps. :( Am getting a refund though which is good.

The Cobb AP has some pretty cool features and you can always just unplug it and sell it getting most of your cash back. Bit different with a custom tune, however a custom tune can give a bit more power.

From a lot of research it looks like the CVT cant handle much more than just a Stage 1 tune. Only 1 guy in the US has been able to run one on E85 with good success but he has some special CVT tuning parameters that he doesnt seem to want to share. Hopefully wont take long until people work out how to tune these CVTs to handle more power :)

HPF are another good suby tuner. If you are a wrx club member they will do a custom tune for $695! ($795 if not a member)

Harey
Probationary Driver

Postby Harey » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Got mine tuned last week. I also fitted some tgv deletes before driving down (already had the egr deletes), but everything else standard. Numbers seem a bit low but the % increase is very good. The car is sooo much better to drive in every way, smoother, more responsive and more power everywhere. That will be the end to the mods for the missus car :)
Attachments
Dyno_nodetails.jpg
Dyno_nodetails.jpg (215.17 KiB) Viewed 2535 times

subabooba
Probationary Driver

Postby subabooba » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Looks like a pretty decent result!

Harey
Probationary Driver

Postby Harey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks, yeah its an incredible difference everywhere. Looks like it needs an exhaust and charge pipe to get the torque to hold a bit more in the upper rpm. But yeah thats enough for this car :surrender

Return to “Forester Related Discussion”