Opinions on MY10 CS10

psyko
Learner Driver

Opinions on MY10 CS10

Postby psyko » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 am

Hello Members,

Going to look at WRX MY10 CS10 tonight and wondering thoughts and issues to look out for?

This will be a daily driver and first manual and performance car.

Cheers,
Pete

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Re: Opinions on MY10 CS10

Postby mv75 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Check the oil filler cap for a milkshake substance, also run the car with the top tank cap off to check for excessive bubbling, (while cold of course, don't open a hot top tank cap). All point toward head gaskets. And check around the head covers, particularly at the back sides and the suspension and frame under it for oil leak evidence. Also get service history, particularly on when the timing belt was replaced.

psyko
Learner Driver

Postby psyko » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 am

mv75 wrote:Check the oil filler cap for a milkshake substance, also run the car with the top tank cap off to check for excessive bubbling, (while cold of course, don't open a hot top tank cap). All point toward head gaskets. And check around the head covers, particularly at the back sides and the suspension and frame under it for oil leak evidence. Also get service history, particularly on when the timing belt was replaced.

Cheers thanks for the tips.

Missed out of the deal last night as someone else has placed a deposit... in hindsight the rear left door lines gap near the wheel arch was a lot narrower than the rest of the car plus one of the rims had major gutter rash and gouging on the spokes... gut feeling is the car has been hit on that side.

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Oh yea, pass on that then. That's just general what to look for in a car. :) What I said was too, but more particularly to look out for on these. Also get the recall history too if the airbag was done.

Return to “General WRX and Club Discussion”