Subaru 6 Months Free Membership deal

Forum Admin
Probationary Driver

Subaru 6 Months Free Membership deal

Postby Forum Admin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 pm

To all forum members

If you have purchased a new Turbo Charged WRX/STi, Liberty or Forester in the past twelve months from a Melbourne Metro dealership and have not received a letter from Subaru offering you a free six months membership to our club, can you please send a PM to Adam Tonkin (our club Subaru Liaison) via the user name The STiG or e-mail to president@wrx.com.au and he will follow this up for you.

YUM1
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Silver MY06 STi Driver

Postby YUM1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:39 am

For anyone who falls into this category, I've been advised by Subaru that anyone they missed should be receiving a letter in the mail in the next couple of weeks, so look out for this and let me know if you haven't gotten one and I'll follow up for you. :)

Yael

saff_cossie
Impreza RS Driver

Postby saff_cossie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Can I join with my 2 cars as if I cross them, I would fit the requirement:

1 x Evo (the word alone should carry bonus points!)

+

1 x Liberty RX

=

Subaru Liberty Turbo (Evo model) :first:

vl berlina 5speed
Learner Driver

Postby vl berlina 5speed » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:00 pm

is this only avalible to Victorian's?

rutherfordp
Merchandise Man

Postby rutherfordp » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Yes, Victoria only, through the Metropolitan Subaru Dealer network.
Otherwise known as "Merchandise Man"

tinter
Enzo Tait

Postby tinter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:49 pm

Is this still on Peter?
I tinted a new Tuned by STI WRX this morning and the lovely young lady had no knowledge of it.
Bought at GW.

I'd like to advise her.
Rob.

rutherfordp
Merchandise Man

Postby rutherfordp » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 pm

Rob

Yes it is still on. I beleive there was supposed to be a mail out recently. If she doesn't receive something in the next week or so I would be telling her to go back to Subaru and ask where her membership is.

Also just got in from the motor show and caught up with Barry and Wendy Crocker. They were asking after you and pass on their regards as they haven't seen you for a while. :)

Damo
MY03 WRX Driver

Postby Damo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:15 pm

Just letting you know a friend of mine bought an 07 Rex at Docklands and nothing was mentioned to him.
As he was leaving he asked about it and they said something would be sent out. They dont seem to be too proactive about this.

Callahan
Les The Ex Prez ...
Les The Ex Prez ...

Postby Callahan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback Damo. We will follow up on that comment.
Regards,
Les.

Damo
MY03 WRX Driver

Postby Damo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Just reread my post, hope it didnt come across as having a go at Subaru, there is a lot involved in the sale of a car I can see how things like this might be over looked.
APS CAI/APS TBE/STI Pinkies/VF34-P20/TMIC - 210KW ATW

Callahan
Les The Ex Prez ...
Les The Ex Prez ...

Postby Callahan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Doesn't matter mate - they have agreed to improve on this(and have done), and if it needs to be a reminder to the Sales force - so be it!
However, we do need to get all the facts straight first! See your PM from me as to what I mean.
Regards,
Les.

turbochick
Red GD WRX driver
Red GD WRX driver

Postby turbochick » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:39 pm

My understanding now is that rather than relying on each individual sales person to remember it is being processed by at a central point after the sale has gone through. Your friend should receive information in the mail in the next few weeks, if not then email membership@wrx.com.au and we can sort something out I am sure
Clarissa Thomson

YUM1
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Silver MY06 STi Driver

Postby YUM1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:15 am

Guys,

I am the Club's Subaru Liaison (the person who represents the Club in all matters between the Club and Subaru) so I think I'd be the most qualified to respond to this post.

Can I please clarify this situation once and for all and please advise any of your friends/colleagues etc. who have bought/are buying turbo charged Subaru's of the following:

1 - yes this deal is still on and continues to be on as part of an agreement between the Club and Subaru Melbourne, it's not a limited time thing, it's an ongoing thing.

2 - this deal is only for new turbo charged Subaru's purchased at a Subaru Melbourne dealership (Docklands, Doncaster, Mentone, Glen Waverley, Fountain Gate). Any other Subaru dealerships not listed here are not included in this deal.

3 - this deal is only for NON MEMBERS who buy a new turbo charged Subaru from one of these dealerships (it's a way of introducing them to our Club).

People who take up the free 6 month membership offer will get a renewal notice at the end of that 6 months, and if they want to continue to be a member they then pay the same renewal fee as all existing members.

4 - when someone buys their new turbo charged Subaru, the letter is sent out by a main area within Subaru (within the Marketing department as far as I am aware).

Therefore, if your friends/colleagues etc. have bought a car and want to know what's going on with their free 6 month membership, be aware of the following:

It can take several weeks for the letter to be sent out, with the paperwork for the sale to go through to the relevant department can take time, so do not expect the letter as soon as delivery is made or within a day or two after that.

Do not go to the sales person and ask them about it - although most of the sales people should be aware of this deal, most don't know the process of how it happens so they won't be able to help you.

If after about 4-6 weeks your friends/colleagues have not received a letter from Subaru, please ask them to e-mail me at subaruliaison@wrx.com.au with the following information -
- their name
- the dealership they purchased their car from
- what model of car they bought
- when they bought it

I will then follow it up directly with my contact at Subaru to find out what the situation is.

Please DO NOT e-mail membership@wrx.com.au or secretary@wrx.com.au or merchandise@wrx.com.au or anyone else on committee as they will ultimately send it back to me to deal with. As I am the Subaru Liaison for the Club, tell your friends/colleagues to just come straight to me and I will fix it for them.

Likewise, if anyone has any further questions/problems regarding this deal please don't hesitate to ask me directly either via e-mail to subaruliaison@wrx.com.au or PM me and I'll be more than happy to help.

I hope I've made the whole thing clear now, I don't know how much clearer I can make it... :thumbs:

Harbs
Black XT Forester Driver
Black XT Forester Driver

Postby Harbs » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey Guys,

First Post on the Forum, Ive just bought a new Black 07 Forester XT Lux. I havent received anything from Subaru Doncaster about this offer yet. I bought the car about 2 weeks ago, so im not too sure if its enough time or not for them to send any letters regarding this. Im really looking at getting involved in the club, i already know one Member. Getting a 6 month membership would be a great introduction! Any help would be great!

rutherfordp
Merchandise Man

Postby rutherfordp » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Your paperwork is probably still in the pipeline. Please be patient. If you don't haer anything in say 4-6 weeks email the following as per above post.

subaruliaison@wrx.com.au

Pottz
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby Pottz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:35 am

IMHO a "six month membership" (worth $50) is quite poor considering you've just forked out $40k+ for a turbo charged vehicle. :o

It should be 12months membership at the very least.
Become an AMBULANCE MEMBER today!
1800 64 84 84

YUM1
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Silver MY06 STi Driver

Postby YUM1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 am

Pottz,

The point of this is that Subaru have offered to "introduce" people to the Club (by offering them a 6 month membership) and give them a taste of what it's like. If people like it they can continue on and renew as other members do and if they don't then they can just walk away.

Subaru have no obligations to do this for us, but they choose to and we are very appreciative to them for that. From our perspective as a Club it's a very generous offer because it's a great way for us to advertise/highlight our Club to people who may not otherwise be aware we exist, and hence, increase our membership.

sash
Learner Driver

Postby sash » Tue May 01, 2007 12:20 am

Hi Yael,

Email sent regarding chris's membership as he has not been contacted by subaru and has had the STI for almost 1 year now...

Could you please look into this or point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Sash

YUM1
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Silver MY06 STi Driver

Postby YUM1 » Tue May 01, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi Sash,

Need details, check your email for my response and get back to me by email with relevant info then I can follow up for you :)

Harbs
Black XT Forester Driver
Black XT Forester Driver

Postby Harbs » Mon May 21, 2007 10:57 am

Hello,

Its now been a couple of months since i bought the Fozzie and i still haven't heard anything from Subaru, nor anybody has followed up on the email that i sent to the subaruliason@wrx.com.au address on the 10/5. Can somebody please help me out with this? Im keen to take up this 6 month member offer, yet i cant get through to anybody about it.

Cheers.

Return to “General WRX and Club Discussion”