Upgrading to STI

Ozgus
Learner Driver

Upgrading to STI

Postby Ozgus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Lads,
It looks a bit barren in here lately, so i hope those left will give me their honest advice/opinions on the below. i love the work you guys do, and i still jump on here to check the classifieds and check new topics to see what i can learn. I've only met Neptune, but i think this is year i should get along to some of the meets, especially if i pickup an STI.

I'm currently driving an MY13 wrx and coming to the end of my lease, looking at options around the $35-40k mark and realised i can pickup the newer shape STI MY14-MY15 for around that price. (the only regret i ever had buying my wrx was not forking out for the STI.)
I have found a car on carsales thats already been mod'd, and looks like all work was done at MRT. Do you guys see any issues with the mod package, and what i should be looking out for? From memory their aren't any tuners in VIC that can use the ecutek software, so this might hurt later if i want to change anything?

I'm not sure on the rules on posting links, below is the comments listed in the ad:
2014 SUBARU WRX V1 STI SEDAN AWD MY15

6 SPEED MANUAL
NO EXPENSE SPARED ON UPGRADES.... FULL RECEIPTS FOR ALL WORK DONE.

UPGRADES;

SJMY15-E TUNE PACKAGE ($4990.00)

INCLUDES:
MRT FULL STAINLESS STEEL FRONT & CENTRE EXHAUST SYSTEM
MRT 600 HP IN-TANK FUEL PUMP
1000cc STI INJECTORS
ECUTEK TYPE 4 - "SI DRIVE" 4WD CUSTOM DYNO TUNING

GARRETT GTX TURBOCHARGER ($3100.00)
MISHIMOTO SILICONE INLET HOSE ($550.00)
ECUTEK/PRODRIVE 3 PORT BOOST SOLENOID ($220.00)
MRT COLD AIR INLET ($575.00)
CARBON FRONT LIP MY15 STI ($650.00)

RECEIPTS FOR ALL WORK DONE -

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Re: Upgrading to STI

Postby Delivan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:04 am

I can't see any issues of ever buying an already moded car as long as it has been tone properly and tastefully..I shake my head when people get all excited and say stuff like .." It is fully stock" ...That just makes me think, under powered, terrible brakes and suspension, and it's gunna cost a bucketload of cash to get up to descent spec...Having someone spend a fortune on YOUR new car for you pre purchase can only be a good thing.. It has saved you a fortune and you can enjoy the benifits without the effort and expense.. I'm just waiting for the photos....
'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby neptune11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Ozgus wrote:Hi Lads,
It looks a bit barren in here lately, so i hope those left will give me their honest advice/opinions on the below. i love the work you guys do, and i still jump on here to check the classifieds and check new topics to see what i can learn. I've only met Neptune, but i think this is year i should get along to some of the meets, especially if i pickup an STI.

I'm currently driving an MY13 wrx and coming to the end of my lease, looking at options around the $35-40k mark and realised i can pickup the newer shape STI MY14-MY15 for around that price. (the only regret i ever had buying my wrx was not forking out for the STI.)
I have found a car on carsales thats already been mod'd, and looks like all work was done at MRT. Do you guys see any issues with the mod package, and what i should be looking out for? From memory their aren't any tuners in VIC that can use the ecutek software, so this might hurt later if i want to change anything?

I'm not sure on the rules on posting links, below is the comments listed in the ad:
2014 SUBARU WRX V1 STI SEDAN AWD MY15

6 SPEED MANUAL
NO EXPENSE SPARED ON UPGRADES.... FULL RECEIPTS FOR ALL WORK DONE.

UPGRADES;

SJMY15-E TUNE PACKAGE ($4990.00)

INCLUDES:
MRT FULL STAINLESS STEEL FRONT & CENTRE EXHAUST SYSTEM
MRT 600 HP IN-TANK FUEL PUMP
1000cc STI INJECTORS
ECUTEK TYPE 4 - "SI DRIVE" 4WD CUSTOM DYNO TUNING

GARRETT GTX TURBOCHARGER ($3100.00)
MISHIMOTO SILICONE INLET HOSE ($550.00)
ECUTEK/PRODRIVE 3 PORT BOOST SOLENOID ($220.00)
MRT COLD AIR INLET ($575.00)
CARBON FRONT LIP MY15 STI ($650.00)

RECEIPTS FOR ALL WORK DONE -

Have you sat in, or even taken a MY 14/15 for a drive or anything?? They are a bigger shape, designed cabin..
Well, it feels that way to me when I sit in them...
At least test drive a local one, before committing to one from interstate..
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

Ozgus
Learner Driver

Postby Ozgus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for your thoughts lads
Will be driving the STI tomorrow (its in vic) and I'm heading to docklands on the way to take an MY17 wrx for a drive and will compare the two. I'd say the mod'd STI will be heads above the wrx, and i can't imagine much in the interior would sway me to the my17. I've always wanted an STI.
Having said that though I could always keep my current wrx and go bananas with mods with the cash I've saved.

neptune11
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby neptune11 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:04 am

Good luck with the test drive today...
And yes, modding your current car is also fun & adventurous, to get it set up for your needs...
MY 11 WRX Hatch
WRC Blue
#Tuned & Serviced by Got it Rex
#Upgraded parts by Tuspeed
#Steering & Suspension by Trutrack
#Engine rebuild by Top Torque

Return to “General WRX and Club Discussion”