CHANGING DASH LIGHT COLOURS

Jadaz
the non-turbo fraudster

Re: CHANGING DASH LIGHT COLOURS

Postby Jadaz » Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am

pics, pics, pics? lol sounds good but does it look like X-MAS wit green and red?

rexevos
Impreza RS Driver

Postby rexevos » Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am

lol at the xmas thingy
i think i might just keep mine stock now
White 05 WRX, Sti kit Carbon fibre number plate suround, 18x9.5 ROTA GRID in white, Jet Black roof and sitting FLUSH !
rego: IPHATI

Jadaz
the non-turbo fraudster

Postby Jadaz » Thu May 28, 2009 3:13 pm

mine are stock 4 now till i can be botherd taking the whole dash apart.

DeeJay
Learner Driver

Postby DeeJay » Thu May 28, 2009 5:11 pm

to defeat the whole dull needle problem could you put a red LED or stock blub just in the spot behind the needle?

I'd love to see some pics mate!

Jadaz
the non-turbo fraudster

Postby Jadaz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 am

ok guys, finally got round 2 taking the dash apart and gettin rid of the green stuff.
Well it wasnt me. My mate does these change over for a lil hobby & did mine the other night. So far have only done the dash & door controls, but we are doing the cruise control section & all climate cotrols this weekend.
I will post photo's 2night Bt they look so good & arnt to patchy. There is a trick but i dont know wat he did. hmmm

The only problem we found was because they are floating needles you have 2 keep playing with taco & speedo 2 get them in the right place as u cant put them back on were they were 4 some reason. (NOT EASY) the taco is fine now & fuel & temp weer easy as u need 2 remeber were they are wen taking it off.

Atreyu
Probationary Driver

Postby Atreyu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Do I just need T5 wedge LED bulbs to change the following colour to red in a 2003 STi?
    Climate control.
    Cigarette lighter.
    Ignition.

If anyone has done this and knows the exact bulbs to get and where from then that would be a great help!
MY03 WRX STi
MY10 FORESTER XT

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Ok, I found the ignition one today, it is a t5, same as the cig lighter. The plastic surround of the key barrel is held by two split clip things if you wanted to pull it off to make the change easier. Just be careful of the mounted transponder coil thing in the plastic. But be careful, the size of the cavity isn't too forgiving and you need a bulb that is similar size to the oem. I threw in a generic white 5050 led. Isn't too flash, but will reduce power consumption. The glove box is easily upgraded too.

Atreyu
Probationary Driver

Postby Atreyu » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:07 am

I'm not planning on doing it myself.
I just want to make sure I have the correct bulbs for whoever will be doing it for me.
Sounds like I'm on the right track though with the T5 bulbs.
Thanks.
MY03 WRX STi
MY10 FORESTER XT

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:28 pm

While I had to remove the radio surround to put the cup holder back in after finishing my ati pod install, I had a look at the temp/fan gauge bulbs, they come out like the fog button bulbs, but are on a long stalk. They sorta looked like a t5 with long pig tails that wrap around the bottom of the connector. If you look at the fog/cruise button bulbs, like that but bigger. I didn't remove the bulb from the housing, just looked at what it was.

Return to “In Car Entertainment and Alarms”