Connecting a Subwoofer and Amplifier to my 2011 Impreza R

SubieNick97
Learner Driver

Connecting a Subwoofer and Amplifier to my 2011 Impreza R

Postby SubieNick97 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:25 pm

I have recently bought a Subwoofer and Amplifier for my Car; 1200w VIBE SLICK SLR 12". I am keeping the stock Head Unit for the time being. How do I connect the Amp and the Head Unit up, I know you can use a Line Converter to tap into the rear speakers, but they are in the rear doors and this would be a pain to tap into this power supply. I also know that you can cut the wires on the harness of the Head Unit, but I'd prefer not to do this, my Sub/Amp has a High Level Input, is there some way I can use this?

Thankyou.

Vdublu
Learner Driver

Re: RE: Connecting a Subwoofer and Amplifier to my 2011 Impreza R

Postby Vdublu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:00 am

SubieNick97 wrote:I have recently bought a Subwoofer and Amplifier for my Car; 1200w VIBE SLICK SLR 12". I am keeping the stock Head Unit for the time being. How do I connect the Amp and the Head Unit up, I know you can use a Line Converter to tap into the rear speakers, but they are in the rear doors and this would be a pain to tap into this power supply. I also know that you can cut the wires on the harness of the Head Unit, but I'd prefer not to do this, my Sub/Amp has a High Level Input, is there some way I can use this?

Thankyou.

Hey SubieNick97,

I know it's a few months back now that you've asked about a Subwoofer and Amp. I'm just wondering myself if you've had any luck as I've been told it couldn't be done. I'm hoping to hear that you've had success and can point me in the right direction if you have got the job done.

Thanks in advance.

Yeldz
Impreza WRX Driver

Re: Connecting a Subwoofer and Amplifier to my 2011 Impreza R

Postby Yeldz » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:58 am

Source power direct from the battery using the appropriate gauge wire for your amp wattage.
Install the appropriately rated line fuse as close to possible to the battery (preferably within 30cm)
Run power down one side of the car & RCA with remote wire down the other to avoid signal interference.
Get a good ground from inside the boot.
Make sure your remote wire is connected to an accessory power source so that the amp only switches on with the head unit.
All41N14All

Return to “In Car Entertainment and Alarms”