Front Speaker Room

Hemimad
Learner Driver

Front Speaker Room

Postby Hemimad » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:51 am

Hi
I would like to know if anyone has Fitted Focal PS165F Speakers in the front doors. Car is a 2006 Impeza Wagon Leather interior. And also can you recommend a equal or better quality speaker that will fit. I don't want to do anything to the car that can't be reversed in the future.

Cheers Troy

REVNURAZR
Probationary Driver

Re: Front Speaker Room

Postby REVNURAZR » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:03 am

A fine art fitting large speakers into Subaru doors.

It can be done, and from memory a 15mm spacer with that speaker will allow it to clear the window mechanism and the door frame.

I recall installing a pair of Focals K2 if memory serves and they would be better suited to a custom pod setup.

FearNoEvo
Learner Driver

Re: Front Speaker Room

Postby FearNoEvo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Hemimad wrote:Hi
I would like to know if anyone has Fitted Focal PS165F Speakers in the front doors. Car is a 2006 Impeza Wagon Leather interior. And also can you recommend a equal or better quality speaker that will fit. I don't want to do anything to the car that can't be reversed in the future.

Cheers Troy

Hi Troy

I have a set of Focal PS165V splits to go into my 08 STi. After a bit of hunting around online, I will be purchasing custom made spacers from carstereoadapters.com They're in the US but their spacer and shipping prices are better than the other US sellers I was looking at previously (IAPerformance, FastWRX). You can fill out a form on their site listing the vehicle and speaker model details and they will get back to you confirming compatibility and price.

Cheers
Jon

Return to “In Car Entertainment and Alarms”