2005 wrp10 alarm won't turn off!!!!!!!! Help please

Ritchiedog
Learner Driver

2005 wrp10 alarm won't turn off!!!!!!!! Help please

Postby Ritchiedog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:21 am

Hi my inside alarm won't switch off, I open the car with keyless entry and manage to put my pin in and the engine light icon appears but no start and alarm inside still blaring. I've had to disconnect the battery to stop. Help please
Thanks

KevO-954
Fireblade/WRX Driver
Fireblade/WRX Driver

Re: 2005 wrp10 alarm won't turn off!!!!!!!! Help please

Postby KevO-954 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:09 am

Try turning the alarm off at the unit on the firewall under the bonnet. :wink:

Ritchiedog
Learner Driver

Postby Ritchiedog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 am

Is there a switch?

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby Delivan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm

You should have a small KEY to turn the siren on and off...
'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

Ritchiedog
Learner Driver

Postby Ritchiedog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Yeah I've done that it's the brant alarm, Subaru won't give me the master code unless I get it towed in and sighted, still even then I'm not allowed the code and it's my car!!!!!! They want $143 ph to diagnose the problem on top of the towing. I've called auto sparkies and the won't touch it.

Ritchiedog
Learner Driver

Postby Ritchiedog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Ok so anyone that comes across the issue with the brant alarm here is the verdict.

Every single alarm unit in each car has its own personal master code, so my master code is no use to anyone else. I have be talking to brant for the last half hour and they don't even have access to the codes, Subaru is the place to get each individual master code. That being said to have my alarm reset the vehicle and myself have to be sighted at the dealership to obtain the code and even then I'm not allowed to know the code (itsmy car!!!!!) so the only way out is $$$.

I much as I hated brant the last couple of days I kind of feel sorry for them now because it's Subaru who wanted the car back in to there workshop to fix the issue which gives them $$$
Subaru is the only one who can fix the problem and brant has got slammed for doing what the alarm is supposed to do, up until now the alarm was fine and still is just needs master code!!!!!
Pretty smart on Subaru to scheme this up and they don't look like the bad guy.
So I'm not giving Subaru the $$$ it intended to get and I'm going to have the brant taken out, not because of brant itself but just the fact my wrx is 11yr old and it may play up sometime soon like I've read and I just don't need this kind of hassle again. Thanks for your replys and hope this helps other Subaru owners if this problem comes there way.

Delivan
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby Delivan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Get it removed.. They are more trouble than they are worth.. The problem is they control a lot of stuff...eg windows get their power via the brant..soo they are subject to heat stress and this causes the main solder joints to crack...This then makes them play up.. Sooner or later you are going to get stuck on the side of the road with a car that has just stopped and wont restart.. We have had all our removed... Everything still works like normal, central locking, flashing lights etc, just no more stupid problems...Cost for removal is around the $175....You could always get someone to resolder the joints.. They are in the brant box and you will see the burnt looking cracked ones straight away.. Here they are magnified .... You can see the cracks quite clearly...

They are the large ones on the PCB in the middle of the pic...

'09 Impreza Charcoal Hatch Auto
'03 WRX Pearl Red Bug Sedan
'02 WRX Silver Bug Wagon
'98 WRX Blue Club Spec Evo 2 with 2.5 lt
'99 WRX White Sti Version 6 with 2.5 lt
'98 Mitsubishi EVO 5 (kept in the basement)

Return to “In Car Entertainment and Alarms”