The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

User avatar
T-Rex
MY04 WRX Driver
MY04 WRX Driver
Posts: 4900
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Swan Hill

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby T-Rex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:25 pm

The americans seem to be able to make 300kw at the wheels on stock engines, you cant really compare AUS to US it never works to be the same...

User avatar
turovski
Impreza RS Driver
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm
Location: West Side

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby turovski » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:10 am

if that's the case where are we getting all the above turbo facts from then? Are they all wrong was well
1 OF 50
GF8-WRX, CLUB SPEC EVO 4
TD05H-SUPER 16G/POWER FC/AVCR/APS TMIC/APS CAI/APS 3" TBE/WALBRO PUMP/AVO SILICON INTAKE/Z32/HSD COILOVERS/H-BRACE/FRONT & REAR STRUT BRACE
TUNED@STI by VIN

MrEs
Ex-Webmaster of 4 years
Ex-Webmaster of 4 years
Posts: 8682
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:02 am
Location: 03 rexy

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby MrEs » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:04 pm

turovski wrote:if that's the case where are we getting all the above turbo facts from then? Are they all wrong was well

Raw compressor map data is very different to 'kw at the wheels' which can be measured a million different ways. One is a science the other is a 'tool' which is at best of times a wild varying estimation.
The yanks seem to measure power differently.
Denis AKA 'S', powered by:
  • Adam @ Tuspeed - http://www.tuspeed.com
  • Vin & Steve @ Subaru STi Docklands
  • Ricky @ Tyrepower Essendon

User avatar
bazzasti
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:26 am

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby bazzasti » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:10 pm

T-Rex wrote:The americans seem to be able to make 300kw at the wheels on stock engines, you cant really compare AUS to US it never works to be the same...


Running an 11 second pass is an 11 second pass regardless of which country you're in!? You can do it with a VF34P20 with the right setup.

Thought I'd add that a 2L / GT3040 (AVO600) is the worst combination known to man! Managed a 12.7 but the lag was monstrous.

On the 2.5L though it's a ball tearer!!

User avatar
bumblebee
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1697
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:22 am

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby bumblebee » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:17 pm

bazzasti wrote:
T-Rex wrote:The americans seem to be able to make 300kw at the wheels on stock engines, you cant really compare AUS to US it never works to be the same...


Running an 11 second pass is an 11 second pass regardless of which country you're in!? You can do it with a VF34P20 with the right setup.

Thought I'd add that a 2L / GT3040 (AVO600) is the worst combination known to man! Managed a 12.7 but the lag was monstrous.

On the 2.5L though it's a ball tearer!!


What boost level were you running on the 2ltr, was that a stock motor Baz?

The gobstopper in the UK apparently runs a version of the GT4088R in a 2ltr motor?

Did you think about going to a GT3582R in the 2.5?
White GC8

User avatar
deafwish
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Silver MY06 STi Driver
Posts: 12469
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: S.E. Melbourne

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby deafwish » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a map for a VF35 yet?
I'm keen to compare it to the VF23...

Thanks in advance...
Image

User avatar
tu
TUSPEED
TUSPEED
Posts: 4599
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:58 pm
Location: The devil drives a Prius
Contact:

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby tu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:39 pm

bumblebee wrote:
bazzasti wrote:
T-Rex wrote:The americans seem to be able to make 300kw at the wheels on stock engines, you cant really compare AUS to US it never works to be the same...


Running an 11 second pass is an 11 second pass regardless of which country you're in!? You can do it with a VF34P20 with the right setup.

Thought I'd add that a 2L / GT3040 (AVO600) is the worst combination known to man! Managed a 12.7 but the lag was monstrous.

On the 2.5L though it's a ball tearer!!


What boost level were you running on the 2ltr, was that a stock motor Baz?

The gobstopper in the UK apparently runs a version of the GT4088R in a 2ltr motor?

Did you think about going to a GT3582R in the 2.5?


I actually think the Gobstopper is a 2.5 (could be wrong though)
http://www.tuspeed.com
Image

User avatar
05-RSX
S204 Driver
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby 05-RSX » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:02 pm

deafwish wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a map for a VF35 yet?
I'm keen to compare it to the VF23...

Thanks in advance...


Are you after the compressor maps or the turbine maps Daz?
Compressor maps are harder to come by.


Anyway;

Compressor
taken from: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=53416
Image
VF30/34/35 Compressor map: RHF55
VF23/24 Compressor map: RHF5

Turbine
Being IHI, there's basicly SFA info on them, and I don't think anyone has an actual map for the P15/18/20, only some flow stats.
Campbell.
Team Wagon.

User avatar
bazzasti
Impreza 22B Driver
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:26 am

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby bazzasti » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm

bumblebee wrote:
bazzasti wrote:
T-Rex wrote:The americans seem to be able to make 300kw at the wheels on stock engines, you cant really compare AUS to US it never works to be the same...


Running an 11 second pass is an 11 second pass regardless of which country you're in!? You can do it with a VF34P20 with the right setup.

Thought I'd add that a 2L / GT3040 (AVO600) is the worst combination known to man! Managed a 12.7 but the lag was monstrous.

On the 2.5L though it's a ball tearer!!


What boost level were you running on the 2ltr, was that a stock motor Baz?

The gobstopper in the UK apparently runs a version of the GT4088R in a 2ltr motor?

Did you think about going to a GT3582R in the 2.5?



Ran about 26 psi on the stock 2L with the AVO600.

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/g ... l/text.htm

Gobstopper says it's a 2L bottom end (closed deck). It might actually really be a 2.35L sleeved setup though with a 2L stamp, the spool they get is unreal for a 2L, but then you see what they've done to the heads etc and you can understand why it might be possible.

Also I used to run a GT35R in the 2.5L. Awesome turbo for daily driving and the track. At the moment I'm really trying to get similar performance with a bolt on.

MYT14
Learner Driver
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The 2Ltr Turbo Choice Thread

Postby MYT14 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Pretty sure he cant have a 2.35 with only a 92.5mm bore and 75mm stroke. It would be 2.02, so marginal increase. Must be running crazy boost to use the fuel that's its being delivered.
187.4kw GT Foz

Return to “FAQs, Technical Archives & Most Common Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests