Preferred Subaru mechanics - By owners, for owners! (Poll)

What is your preferred Subaru mechanic in Victoria?

STI Docklands
22%
Subaru Dealerships (Various)
7%
AVO, Cheltenham
8%
Urban Racing Developments (URD), Wantirna South
21%
Got It Rex, Sunshine
10%
Lucas Automotive, Moorabbin
5%
Horsepower Factory, Dandenong
3%
Cromwood Auto Services, Burwood
5%
I'm a Subaru expert and I do it myself
18%

Total votes: 448
Sharpie
Subie Guru

Re: Preferred Subaru mechanics - By owners, for owners! (Poll)

Postby Sharpie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:17 pm

cemil wrote:some reason my complaints about STI docklands got deleted....are the mods on here working for sti?

Many months back took the day of work to take the car there, when booking on the phone a few days prior they said it will be oil + filter + other stuff + sparkplugs...got quoted $390...i asked the bloke on the phone to double check and he said its correct and all that work would be performed...

I rock up to STI 8am in morning, about to hand over keys and i ask the old bloke there what they doing (i wanted to double check) and he said only oil and filter...i told him about what happened when booking and that ive taken the whole day off work for this, his only words "sorry"

i'll be happy to pass my details via PM to any Sti members involved here and they can see on there system im not making stories up....

Taken the car lately to URD and i couldnt be happier. team down there and honest and reliable and easy to talk to....and helpful if there are any problems....although the only bloke helpful at STI has been Vin, and he has helped me out a few times.

No need for details ill answer the question.

U rang the call center in Sydney and they expected a major service to be carried out on your vehicle "poss the details/km's blah blah confused the person in what service was required". On the day u did arrive "the old man: he was wearing a name tag, name is Laurie" noticed that only a minor service was due "he was doing u a favour and not trying to rip u off" and by the sounds of things u didnt want to wait or just wanted blood???. If an apolagy isnt enough well it looks as though this reply is a lost cause because this sought of event doesnt occur often which is highly annoying for u and our team as u lost a day of work, we lost a couple of hours of work and its something which is out of our control "sheet happens".....
Last edited by Sharpie on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Sti Melbourne Foreman and backyard boy.
just p.m. me.

Sharpie
Subie Guru

Postby Sharpie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:18 pm

:cool:
just p.m. me.

Sharpie
Subie Guru

Postby Sharpie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 pm

mikes wrote:Maybe sharpie could start doing things on the side for cheap to help buy a JDM vehicle? ;)

hmmm :cool:

Jdm arriving in sept. cant wait....
just p.m. me.

Sharpie
Subie Guru

Postby Sharpie » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:50 pm

BUMP :) Dont forget our discount..... And there's a rumor "the man" has been spending a little time on a few dyno's around Melbourne cooking up some magic.
just p.m. me.

blotto
S204 Driver

Postby blotto » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Sharpie wrote:BUMP :) Dont forget our discount..... And there's a rumor "the man" has been spending a little time on a few dyno's around Melbourne cooking up some magic.

Goodway to make sure your inbox will get bombed. :D :lol:

curiosity is going to be burning a few people up.
Veni Vidi Vici

El Greco
Blue GDB STI Driver
Blue GDB STI Driver

Postby El Greco » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am

Just read this ,whats going on?

ishh_jais@yahoo.com
Learner Driver

Postby ishh_jais@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 pm

heyyy! guys new to this forum.
have just baught a 2001 wrx from a dealer in burwood.i was looking for a gud and reasonable mechanic near carnegie or with in 10-15 k`s.
i`ve called LUCAS .they have quoted $550 for major service.this is bit too much for me.if any1 know anything cheapr and gud.and also there is petrol smell in the car when i start it for first 15 minutes.after that its gud.i took it to the dealers wokshop where i bought it from bcoz its still under warranty.he had my car for 5 days ,but he couldn`t find the problem.dont know wat it could b.?
any1 know gud and cheap mechanic who know abt wrx in or near carnegie.
shawn...
thanks!!!!!!

Muffo
WRX STi Driver

Postby Muffo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am

Thiokol wrote:Pete Corcoran is no longer at Performance & Race Tech Services in Ballarat apparently he quit last week sometime . :cry:

Dam il be in the market for a tune soon and i live in ballarat, woulda been handy not to have to go to melb
Girl friend: "I dont think I like that car it makes my tummy feel sick" il take it

matagi
Impreza RS Driver

Postby matagi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 pm

ishh_jais@yahoo.com wrote:heyyy! guys new to this forum.
have just baught a 2001 wrx from a dealer in burwood.i was looking for a gud and reasonable mechanic near carnegie or with in 10-15 k`s.
i`ve called LUCAS .they have quoted $550 for major service.this is bit too much for me.if any1 know anything cheapr and gud.and also there is petrol smell in the car when i start it for first 15 minutes.after that its gud.i took it to the dealers wokshop where i bought it from bcoz its still under warranty.he had my car for 5 days ,but he couldn`t find the problem.dont know wat it could b.?
any1 know gud and cheap mechanic who know abt wrx in or near carnegie.
shawn...
thanks!!!!!!

Can we have that in English please? With some punctuation and spelling?

Khaled
White MY06 STi Driver.
White MY06 STi Driver.

Postby Khaled » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Sharpie wrote:BUMP :) Dont forget our discount..... And there's a rumor "the man" has been spending a little time on a few dyno's around Melbourne cooking up some magic.

I have dealt with Laurie and he's a nice person to deal with. My car service was carried out by a mechanic named Victor and sounded like someone who has lots of experience with Subaru.

I received my 10% labour and parts discount, and I will definitely go back to them with my next service :)

Sharpie, are in the the sales or service departments ?

trd_4agze
Impreza RS Driver

Postby trd_4agze » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 am

URD = Is a bit of worried

After completed a major service Mr T turn around and ask me what year model was your car? :tumbleweed:
NOW GOT BIG FAT & BEAUTIFUL WRX MY01 :D
And It's only 83dB :shock: :shock:

Sharpie
Subie Guru

Postby Sharpie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Khaled wrote:

I have dealt with Laurie and he's a nice person to deal with. My car service was carried out by a mechanic named Victor and sounded like someone who has lots of experience with Subaru.

I received my 10% labour and parts discount, and I will definitely go back to them with my next service :)

Sharpie, are in the the sales or service departments ?

No im the Foreman, Victor has just started with Subaru, about 2 months. Great to hear u where impressed as Victor is a top mechanic.
just p.m. me.

dan89
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby dan89 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:18 pm

I get all my servicing/mod stuff (that I can't do myself) done at AVO in Cheltenham :)
Highly recommended them to anyone near that area, the guys there are really nice (I mainly deal with Justin and Lee :cheer: ) and they really make an effort to make sure your car leaves their workshop in top shape :bowdown:
'00 WRX GC8 | AVO SS Dump Pipe | Apexi 3" TBE |AVO 400S BB Turbo | Hybrid FMIC | Apexi Intake | EJ257 2.5L Short Block | Upgraded Auto Trans | APEXI SBC-iD Boost controller | Etc Etc Etc. |

psyninja
Blue GDB WRX Driver
Blue GDB WRX Driver

Postby psyninja » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Got my car serviced at Lucas Automotive in Moorabbin today - I am surprised he does not get better fellowship on here - certainly a good option in that area....

rxw
Probationary Driver

Postby rxw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 pm

psyninja wrote:Got my car serviced at Lucas Automotive in Moorabbin today - I am surprised he does not get better fellowship on here - certainly a good option in that area....

I take my car there also, gets my vote :)

tatoes
Learner Driver

Postby tatoes » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Just had my bugeye go through a major service at URD & couldnt be happier with the service or advice given by Tony.. Had some work done at Subaru Ringwood as well and they were really great too tho :thumbs:

helix
Learner Driver

Postby helix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Don't use STI docklands i have had bad experiences with STO docklands.

One service they had some young kid do my car and he forgot to put the rubber gromet on the sump plug so when i drove home the car leaked its oil everywhere. I had to fill it back up with oil after tightning the plug back up again as it was very loose and was less than hand tight(it had drained the car in less than 2 hours)! Luckly i drove the car straight home after the service, if i went for a drive afterwards i wouldn't have seen the problem and it could have been so much worse. When i rang them and told them about the problem, they advised me it would be my responsiblity to get teh car back to them to get it fixed! What if i was someone with no mechnical knowledge like a some old woman or something, they would have screwed the car!

they are also constantly palming off work as well blaming it on anything they can so do don't have to do the work fro free under warranty, for instance i had problems with my clutch and they told me it was just how WRX's are, so it got worse and then i took it back and then addmitted there was a problem and fixed it. They have done this kind of thing several times for any thing that should be fixed under warranty.

The only reason i have gone back after the first incident is becasue they are close to the city and have a bus to drop you off and pick you up. But no more i'm going to camberwell from now on and catching tram back to city.

Sharpie
Subie Guru

Postby Sharpie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:50 pm

helix wrote:The only reason i have gone back after the first incident is becasue they are close to the city and have a bus to drop you off and pick you up.

this explains everything :loopy:
just p.m. me.

RexandRegina
WRX STi Driver

Postby RexandRegina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I am going to put in a vote in for Autocraft, Collins St - Hobart :thumbs: . They not only know what they are talking about, they also know what they are doing - also very good service.

batista
Probationary Driver

Postby batista » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:41 pm

barnamotive , keysbrough ... only person who took on the job of putting a turbo timer on with a brant alarm.. don`t know why .. guess it might be a pain in the bum
MY03 WRX VF34 ID1000 FMIC CAI E85 220KWATW HP-F TUNE
MY10 WRX (wifes car)

Return to “General Technical Talk”