2014 MY15 WRX intermitent start issue

GORREALA
Learner Driver

2014 MY15 WRX intermitent start issue

Postby GORREALA » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:53 am

Ok so had this WRX since May never had a problem took until SAT 15/10/2016 car would not start after sitting over night from 9:00 till 7:30 SAT Morning did not get a crank at all nothing open bonnet closed bonnet unclip air filter reclipped it closed again and then went back to start it nothing nothing nothing then it cranked and started like there was no issue.

Then of SUN 16/10/2016 same issue again now my WRX you have to push in the Clutch to get the car to crank and the symptoms im getting is the same if I don't push my clutch in to start it turned the key again nothing did the same as above this time checked the battery volts 12.41v and then got my missus to turn the key and it started like there was no issue.

Ive read a lot about alarm system on these cars being absolute crap or could be my starter im not sure I have only 44k on it doubt it but if someone can steer me in a direction to fix or resolve would be good really don't want the hinder or taking it to the dealership as it is under warranty but really dont want the hassle.

higginz92
Learner Driver

Re: 2014 MY15 WRX intermitent start issue

Postby higginz92 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Okay so.

1. Is the clutch im all the way?
2. Test the keyless remote battery, should be above 3.1V
3. You should know the vehicle WONT start until the clutch is FULLY depressed! Safety mechanism :)

GORREALA
Learner Driver

Re: 2014 MY15 WRX intermitent start issue

Postby GORREALA » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 am

late reply yes this is the only issue ive had I had the clutch in when I turned the key.
I don't know if the previous owner had issues with this but there is a button located under my dash it looks like a push/hold to on let go to off button looks like wiring might lead to the immobilizer if my hunch is correct they might have setup a bypass button as this WRX was owned by the council before me.

Return to “General Technical Talk”