Engine swap

SLT
Learner Driver

Engine swap

Postby SLT » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Guys,

In need of some info or personal experience with this please..

I have been given a stat write off 99 GC8 wrx manual. The car made 200kw atw on 17psi with a few mods (Process West tmic, 3inch tbe, bigger cc injectors, a cai and custom tune). All the running gear is in good condition although the rear end was squashed in. I was looking around to see if there were any GC8 wrx's in my budget to transfer the motor+ over but I couldn't find any. I came across a few 99 RX Impreza (manual) models which were much more cheaper and it got me thinking whether I could transfer the running gear into this model Impreza. From what I've researched, I've found that the gear boxes are the same and have the same awd system. (Plz correct me if I'm wrong)

My question is, is it just a matter of swapping engines and complete wiring loom or are there other things that I might have to consider or look out for when carrying out this type of job?

PAT555
MY99 WRX Driver

Re: Engine swap

Postby PAT555 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:29 am

Do a search you have only asked a question that has been asked a thousand times before. BTW you are wrong. RX vs WRX = almost everything is different.
The older I get the slower I drive.

Return to “General Technical Talk”