Connector on its own near fuse box.

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Connector on its own near fuse box.

Postby OzRex08 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi All,

About a year ago I went to an auto electrician to see if I could get my Alarm removed. They pulled all the wiring out and decided it was 'too hard'. Since that time I have not had my Cruise Control working (the lights on the dash don't even come on). I have also had a troublesome P0852 (but this might be a separate issue).

This morning while having a second look at the wiring under the dash, I discovered that there was this lonely connector. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out where it goes. I tried putting a web-cam snake under the dash to find the socket but to no avail.

Does anyone know what this is, and where it goes?

<br>

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Re: Connector on its own near fuse box.

Postby OzRex08 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Well, I found the answer to the above. It's a B228 OP Connector (easy access) and doesn't "go" anywhere.

Still need to find the answer to my Cruise Control not working. I wonder if it might have something to do with the clutch switch??

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Yea, there are more unconnected connectors than you'd think there. For the CC, do you hear the relay when you push the button to enable it?

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Postby OzRex08 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 am

Hi mv75,

Forgot to include car model etc: MY08 WRX Hatch. So, when I turn the ignition on, no cruise indicator lights up with all the other lights on the dash, and when the car is on, if I press the cruise button on the steering wheel (or any other cruise-type buttons) nothing happens. Where should I be hearing the relay, in the fuse area? Or is it loud enough to hear from just sitting in the drivers seat (never noticed it before when it did work).

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Postby OzRex08 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 am

Also, I checked the clutch switch under the pedal and it seemed to be working (multimeter test). I had the car up on stands this morning and I can get continuity from the Neutral Position Sensor to the ECM. However, I can start my car while it's in gear (I feel like I've always been able to do this). I replaced the NPS about a year ago. Surely, I couldn't have replaced a faulty NPS with a new faulty NPS??

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Hopefully yours is similar to earlier models, have a look on the outer side wall next to the accelerator for a control box and check if it has a plug in it. It may be under some plastic trim there.

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Postby OzRex08 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Mate, I owe you a beer!

I had pulled apart that plastic panel near the accelerator the other day and saw what I thought was just another rogue plug. I left it alone... However, tonight I decided to put the plug together and viola! The cruise light that I had not seen in over a year comes on when I turn the ignition!

The only problem is leaving it together, I can't lock my car. So, I pulled it apart and the Cruise light still comes on when the ignition key is turned on. I have yet to drive the car to see if the CC actually works, but it's a start!

Pics below:

OzRex08
Learner Driver

Postby OzRex08 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Took it for a quick drive, C/C works! Case closed. :)

REVNURAZR
Probationary Driver

Postby REVNURAZR » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:37 pm

That's a diagnostic plug from memory, I'd be checking clutch/brake switches for CC as a start. They are mounted above the pedal box

mv75
WRX STi Driver

Postby mv75 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Yea, it's one of the diagnostic plugs, leave it unplugged. I suppose the system just needed a reset.

Return to “General Technical Talk”