We're now the Chemical Guys Factory Direct Outlet!

Sime
Club Supporter

We're now the Chemical Guys Factory Direct Outlet!

Postby Sime » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Prestige Paintwerks are excited to share the news that we've just been appointed the SE Melbourne Chemical Guys Factory Direct Outlet!

We carry 30 of Chemical Guys most popular product lines including Jetseal 109, Citrus Wash and Gloss, Premium Blue non-acidic Wheel Cleaner, 50/50 Carnauba wax, Hexalogic foam polishing/buffing pads, Wheel Guard paste, Clay Bars, Smart One waterless car wash as well as Chem Guys famed microfibre towels. Yes, we also have the revered 60cm x 90cm 'Miracle' microfibre towel too....8.75mm thick at only $17.95 and the microfibre double sided noodle wash mits for only $8.95!!!

For WRX forum members, we're offering the same discounted online price (as opposed to the retail price which is typically $2-5 more per product), plus as you can pick the product up from us, you'll also save the postage (at least $7 per order). The great bonus is that you can get the items you want now, without having to wait for the mail.

So, come on down to see us. We're only too happy to talk about the products and help you decide what works best for your particular application.

We know you'll love the results!

Mastercard, Visa and Direct Debit accepted.

Cheers!
Paintwerks.com.au
Accident repairs -- Restorations -- Spray painting

PPG Authorised Refinisher

Seetal LowBake Spraybooth for hire

9a Ebden Street, Moorabbin VIC 3189
(03) 9555.4555

M-F 9.00am-6.00pm

grubswrx
Probationary Driver

Re: We're now the Chemical Guys Factory Direct Outlet!

Postby grubswrx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 pm

thanks for the wax and other bits sime worked a treat on the car came up looking beautiful also for the touch up as always real helpful.

Mitch

haydz23
Impreza RS Driver

Postby haydz23 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Sime, great to see that you stock Chemical Guy products.
Just wanted to ask what Wax do you recommend for overall shine & protection?
My friends seem to rave on about Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0...but i dont want to get caught up in the hype over a product where im sure there are better alternatives.

cheers
MY00 GC8, PowerFC/Hand Controller, AVCR, APS CAI/TMIC, TBE, VF22, I/C Water Spray, STI Strut Brace, STI Short Shift, STI 5sp Gearbox, BC Coilovers, 4.44 Diff, Front/Rear Plated LSD's, Toyo Proxes4

Sime
Club Supporter

Postby Sime » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm

haydz23 wrote:Hi Sime, great to see that you stock Chemical Guy products.
Just wanted to ask what Wax do you recommend for overall shine & protection?
My friends seem to rave on about Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0...but i dont want to get caught up in the hype over a product where im sure there are better alternatives.

cheers

Hey there,

I can't comment on the Tech Wax 2.0 as I have never used it, but I have tried the Tech Wax original. While it gave a good finish, it's durability was terrible. Only lasted for approx. 3 weeks, and that was with washing it with Gold Glass wash.

Chem Guys make two great carnauba waxes....the Pete's 53 ($48.95)
and the '50/50' ($58.95)
Image.

Both are paste waxes and have great durability.....typically 2-3 months between applications. Both apply and remove easily. Importantly, they don't leave any powdery residue. I personally like the 50/50, but there are great reviews on both! Feel free to do a Google search.

Combine either wax with the Chem Guys 8.75mm plush microfibre towels and you're onto a winner. If you add the Jetseal109 polymer paint sealant before the wax, the car will come up looking a million bucks, plus it will be well-protected. I swear by the Jetseal. We use it on every Werks Gold detail that comes through the shop. And one bottle at $45.95 will typically last you 3 years.

Cheers,
Sime
Paintwerks.com.au

(03) 9555.4555

M-F 9.00am-6.00pm

haydz23
Impreza RS Driver

Postby haydz23 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Ahh thanks Sime for clearing that up for me on the Tech Wax stuff.
Yeah ive heard good things about the Jetseal from detailparadise.com.au
With the wax, do any come in liquid form? or is the paste stuff just as easy to apply to the applicator pad & onto the car?

cheers,
Hayden
MY00 GC8, PowerFC/Hand Controller, AVCR, APS CAI/TMIC, TBE, VF22, I/C Water Spray, STI Strut Brace, STI Short Shift, STI 5sp Gearbox, BC Coilovers, 4.44 Diff, Front/Rear Plated LSD's, Toyo Proxes4

Sime
Club Supporter

Postby Sime » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

haydz23 wrote:Ahh thanks Sime for clearing that up for me on the Tech Wax stuff.
Yeah ive heard good things about the Jetseal from detailparadise.com.au
With the wax, do any come in liquid form? or is the paste stuff just as easy to apply to the applicator pad & onto the car?

cheers,
Hayden

Hey Hayden,

The two products I listed above only come in a paste form. They apply super easily with a damp sponge/applicator. Plus you don't spill any liquid on the car as well which is a bonus.

If you really want a liquid wax, Chem Guys make a 'Butter Wet Wax' but it's not as high a quality as Pete's or the 50/50.

Cheers,
Sime
Paintwerks.com.au

(03) 9555.4555

M-F 9.00am-6.00pm

ddrex
Probationary Driver

Postby ddrex » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm looking at which wax/sealant to try next and was thinking about jetseal109 when i came upon this thread.

I will probably use just one product and considering that jetseal109 has been around for number of years, and with new technological and chemical advancements, new waxes and sealants keep coming up all the time, with raging reviews, i'm thinking jetseal might be old tech, and new products (like the above mentioned pete's 53 and 50/50) might be more advanced and offer better protection/easier application/more gloss/longer durability etc.
Jetseal109 has great reviews and you say you swear by it, so i'll still be happy to use it or any of the other two mentioned here, i'd just like your opinion on my thinking :)

I'm also looking at the "wet mirror finish"
(http://www.chemguys.com.au/Auto_Paint_R ... 104_16.htm)
and am not sure whether it is a sealant in itself or it should be used before or after a wax/sealant. Some reviewers use it as a last step and others before waxing... Would you recommend using it and when?

Sime
Club Supporter

Postby Sime » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Jetseal 109 isn't a product that replaces wax, it compliments it.

A good finish relies on 3 pillars; polish, protection, wax.

Wet mirror finish is an intermediate product, used in-between polish and protection.

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers,
Sime

PS. Jetseal is way morenew school than wax, 50/50 and Pete's 53 included.
Paintwerks.com.au

(03) 9555.4555

M-F 9.00am-6.00pm

ddrex
Probationary Driver

Postby ddrex » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Yes it does, thanks a lot Sime :)

So it seems Jetseal and either wax will be the winning choice.

Might come past the shop one day if i can finish work earlier, hope you have these in stock ;)

Return to “Prestige Paintwerks”