Thank you Sime!

krapmeister
Impreza RS Driver

Thank you Sime!

Postby krapmeister » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 pm

A big thank you to Simon for the excellent job he did of respraying my wheels! :thumbs:

After all the hassle I had getting them sprayed the first time, he was a pleasure to deal with and the end result is perfect. In the end you get what you pay for, and you're better off paying a bit more and getting it done properly.

For the end result see pics below...

They sure do pop when the sun hits them! :cheer:

Cheers Sime!

enzo
Impreza WRX Driver

Re: Thank you Sime!

Postby enzo » Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 am

if you dont mind me asking mate, how much did that job cost? im thinking of getting mine done too...
btw they look great!
"Strangers passing in the street, By chance two separate glances meet, And I am you and what I see is me" - Pink Floyd

krapmeister
Impreza RS Driver

Postby krapmeister » Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am

It was $220 a wheel, which isn't the cheapest but at least I know they have been done properly - being 15 spoke rims they aren't the easiest to prep or spray.

I originally had another place do them for cheaper only for them to do such a crap job - not prepped nor sprayed properly which led to the paint lifting off the wheel before I even fitted them to the car - that they had to get redone. Thankfully I got my money back but I just wished I had seen that Sime did wheels before I went to the other place, as I would've avoided all that hassle.

If you want rims done that have less spokes, then it will be cheaper. Best thing is to send Sime a pic of the rims you want done and he can give you a quote...

O7STI
Blue MY07 STi Driver
Blue MY07 STi Driver

Postby O7STI » Sun May 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Sime is a true perfectionist in all areas of his profession. punk

You can't put a price on that IMO. :cool:
Current: MY13 VW GOLF R
Previous: WR BLUE 07 STi

RA-STI
Impreza 22B Driver

Postby RA-STI » Mon May 23, 2011 12:48 am

krapmeister wrote:It was $220 a wheel, which isn't the cheapest but at least I know they have been done properly - being 15 spoke rims they aren't the easiest to prep or spray.

I originally had another place do them for cheaper only for them to do such a crap job - not prepped nor sprayed properly which led to the paint lifting off the wheel before I even fitted them to the car - that they had to get redone. Thankfully I got my money back but I just wished I had seen that Sime did wheels before I went to the other place, as I would've avoided all that hassle.

If you want rims done that have less spokes, then it will be cheaper. Best thing is to send Sime a pic of the rims you want done and he can give you a quote...

$220 a wheel :o :shock:
****IF YOU CAN READ THE ABOVE, YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR****

XIIVII
Impreza WRX Driver

Postby XIIVII » Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 am

Saw those sitting in the shop, respray looks great :cheer:

U do get what u pay for
'...seek and you will find, knock... and the engine bay must be opened.'

Return to “Prestige Paintwerks”