Recommended Paint Protection product

8THSIN
Impreza RS Driver

Recommended Paint Protection product

Postby 8THSIN » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 pm

1stly, Happy New Year Sime! You should remember me... :)

just picked up a new car (no not a suby) and wanted to know what product would you suggest as a suitable paint protector?
I had someone suggest Turtle Ice Wax but was reading another article saying anything wax based is not recommended :hairpull:

I want something decent as this car cost a fair bit and am wanting to protect the awesome paint as much as possible.
Let me know what you reckon

Matt Lee.

Sime
Club Supporter

Re: Recommended Paint Protection product

Postby Sime » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the delay in reply. For some reason, I only just saw this post! Sure I remember you! Late last year I saw you driving your car around a few times but you were going the other way. Are you still @ Mitsubishi?

Re the paint protection, it depends on how much you want to spend and how much effort you want to put into it.

On the cheaper end, we sell the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109, a polymer paint sealant originally developed to protect aircraft paint as it makes the paint more impervious to scratches, and it works equally well on cars - we use it on every 'Werks Gold' detail we do. It also has a gloss enhancer which makes the clearcoat really shine. I have some in stock here at $48.95 a bottle. You apply it every 3-6 months just like a polish and one bottle should last between 2-4 years. You then follow up with a coat or two of Carnauba based paste wax.

Whoever said not to use wax is completely ill-informed and flat out wrong. :roll: Wax has been used on the world's most expensive vehicles for many, many years. You can buy one wax which costs $8000. There's a prestige detailer in the UK who uses it on Veyron's, 599's, RR's, Pagani Zonda's etc. We sell the Chemical Guys 50/50 Carnauba wax for $59.95 and it is awesome in it's own right. We use it on the detailed vehicles here, and also on my own car. Similarly, i have sold many tubs to people over the years and guess what? Nobody ever had a problem! That's because wax is made for cars. :wink:

On the higher end of the scale, we are agents for the G-Teqhniq product range. This stuff is awesome. Rather than repeat the benefits here, just go to this site and check it out: http://www.gtechniq.com.au/articles/Why_3S_Auto/3 It's not cheap (about $1K to supply and apply) and it must be performed by a G-Techniq dealer such as us.

Hope this info helps!

Cheers,
Sime
Paintwerks.com.au
Accident repairs -- Restorations -- Spray painting

PPG Authorised Refinisher

Seetal LowBake Spraybooth for hire

9a Ebden Street, Moorabbin VIC 3189
(03) 9555.4555

M-F 9.00am-6.00pm

8THSIN
Impreza RS Driver

Re: Recommended Paint Protection product

Postby 8THSIN » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

hey dude

ended up getting some NXT Gen Wax from Meguiars. Worked a treat! paint is soooo smooth & shiny :cool:

left mitso in Jan.. place was a sinking ship. Moved to subaru now. 2 months & loving it! :thumbs:

Return to “Prestige Paintwerks”