Page 1 of 1

New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am
by TREXX
Image

Blouch are about to release a new range of Dominator Turbos.. Already Blouch Turbos are the number 1 Subaru Turbo world wide and proven track results. Last two years both outright Subaru Subinats champions have used Blouch turbo, and each category winner also used Blouch turbos.

These new breed of turbos will be released in 3 weeks and PSR will have the first shipment of these soon.. We have been testing the on a few Victorian cars with some well known tuners and also been testing them up here in NSW.

Testing so far has shown, 200-300 rpm FAST Spool, and 20-30kw@wheels more then the older models.

and Yes this is also showing on the Victorian Dynos as well, not just the so called Magical NSW Dynos ;)

Stay tuned for updates.. WE will be running a Special on these exclusively for the Subinats competitors with the NSW and VIC WRX Clubs

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 pm
by mv75
First reply. Do I win one to put in my new build? :) C'mon, you need to test in QLD. :)

Will be interesting to read all about them when they release soon anyway.

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 pm
by ryano
hi, what would a td05 18g do on a stock internally my99 with some bolt on? GR STi TMIC, 3" good Exhaust, silicon intake etc?

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:25 pm
by mv75
Well I had a vf34 on my 2000, and it's a p18, so what will happen is that bottom end from start off is pretty sluggish, but oh man, in about 2 seconds hold on. :D Mid range is king with this size. It started spooling, as in positive manifold pressure (0) at about 1600 rpm, then sat at my set 17-18psi at about 4200rpm. That is with a steady throttle application through the rev range. It'll get there sooner if you floor it. You really need to change the boost table and fuelling table to match this size of turbo class to get the most from it. I did many a log file before I matched it up.

Oh yea, the bov is much louder too. And I have the factory plumb back. PSSHHEEEWWWWW. :D It's a freaking sweet upgrade from the td04.

You also may find that having the aircon on, you notice the power drain too. It's fine with the td04 as it's low down king, but I noticed the power loss from start off with the larger turbo.

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 am
by TREXX
ryano wrote:hi, what would a td05 18g do on a stock internally my99 with some bolt on? GR STi TMIC, 3" good Exhaust, silicon intake etc?


All depends on brand of exhaust, other mods like intake but we can see anywhere form 200-230w@wheels

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 pm
by Kaoself
What could I expect from a td05 18g xtr 8cm on a bugeye STi?

Previously I had an 03 WRX with a VF34 that made peak boost of 18psi at 3100, and I'd be ideally after more torque at the same or lower rpm and more top end; but primarily more under the curve.

I'm thinking about the TD05 18g 8cm at the moment, and would like a bit of clarification as to how that will perform compared to the vf34 (my personal basis of comparison), the TD05 20g 7cm, and the Dom 1.5 7cm on an ej207. All would be run at up to 22psi.

I've been trying to do some research, but there is far more information regarding these turbos on a 2.5L, and frankly the info goes the extent of from the informed and analysed to dubious bro science.
As far as I've been led to understand the Dom 1.5 will have more lag and bigger top end, and feel the most linear; the TD05 20g 7cm a bit less lag and top end; and the TD05 18g 8cm spool the quickest of these three with the least top end and the most torquey punch. I haven't mentioned the TD05 16g as I've been led to believe it is sort of on par with the VF34, and perhaps more suitable for an EJ205.

What would you suggest for a daily driver 2L STi with bolt ons?

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 am
by TREXX
Kaoself wrote:What could I expect from a td05 18g xtr 8cm on a bugeye STi?

Previously I had an 03 WRX with a VF34 that made peak boost of 18psi at 3100, and I'd be ideally after more torque at the same or lower rpm and more top end; but primarily more under the curve.

I'm thinking about the TD05 18g 8cm at the moment, and would like a bit of clarification as to how that will perform compared to the vf34 (my personal basis of comparison), the TD05 20g 7cm, and the Dom 1.5 7cm on an ej207. All would be run at up to 22psi.

I've been trying to do some research, but there is far more information regarding these turbos on a 2.5L, and frankly the info goes the extent of from the informed and analysed to dubious bro science.
As far as I've been led to understand the Dom 1.5 will have more lag and bigger top end, and feel the most linear; the TD05 20g 7cm a bit less lag and top end; and the TD05 18g 8cm spool the quickest of these three with the least top end and the most torquey punch. I haven't mentioned the TD05 16g as I've been led to believe it is sort of on par with the VF34, and perhaps more suitable for an EJ205.

What would you suggest for a daily driver 2L STi with bolt ons?


I would go the 18G 7cm before the 8cm.. the 8cm is still going to be hitting full boost by about 3500rpm on a 2.0 litre with NO AVC-S..

the 20G with 7cm would give you alot more torque but once again will be hitting Full boost around 3700

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 pm
by Kaoself
TREXX wrote:I would go the 18G 7cm before the 8cm.. the 8cm is still going to be hitting full boost by about 3500rpm on a 2.0 litre with NO AVC-S..

the 20G with 7cm would give you alot more torque but once again will be hitting Full boost around 3700


Does the TD05 18G XTR come in a 7cm? I've only seen an 8cm or 10cm listed on your site. Or are you referring to the XT?
Lucky the AVC-S will bring on about a 300 ish rpm earlier spool. What sort of torque levels could I realistically expect from the 18G and 20G without breaking anything?

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm
by TREXX
We can get the XTR made in any configuration.... we just need to order it in ...

Torque will all depend on the tuner, other mods you have, and being in VIC our NSW Torque is different .. (apparently)

But we can see around 800-900nm of Torque....

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 pm
by Kaoself
Thank you very much for your response. How much difference in spool and top end is there be between the TD05 18G 7cm and 8cm?

Re: New Products coming from Blouch Turbo

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 am
by Ezy10z
What would the spool be like for a 2lt no avcs with dom 1.5xtr 7cm?

Is there much difference between the new dom 1.5 and the td05 20g xtr 7cm?